The Odyssey Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
Assistant Box Office Manager & Sales Associate Wanted at The Odyssey Theatre LA's longest running 99-seat theatre! This position has great potential for freelancers or recent grads.
The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble is seeking a part-time (12-15 hrs/wk) Assistant Box Office Manager. Standard hours are Friday-Saturday evenings 4:00pm-8:30pm and Sunday afternoons 11:30pm-4pm. Evening and weekend shifts are required. Additional hours may be offered based on availability, performance and abilities.
- Provide friendly and responsible customer service in operating the box office.
- Build and manage events within our ticketing software (OvationTix).
- Enter information into computerized ticketing databases, issue tickets, process ticket, subscription and donation mail order and direct sales in person, by telephone and online.
- Work the box office during & prior to performances.
- Screen calls and answer patrons’ questions, respond to concerns and requests for information.
- Patron reporting and analysis, and accounting reconciliation.
- General administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist Box Office Manager & Associate Artistic Director as assigned.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Comfortable handling a multi-line phone system.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Telemarketing, sales and marketing background is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with OvationTix, Filemaker Pro, Constant Contact, Google Docs, Excel, strongly preferred.
- Cash handling & reconciliation experience.
- Troubleshooting skills and Managerial experience is a plus.
- Previous customer service and/or live theatre box office experience required.
- Love and knowledge of theatre.
Reports to the Box Office Manager and Associate Artistic Director. Salary DOE. Please send a resume and cover letter to box office manager: [email protected]. Please include "Assistant Box Office Manager" in the subject line. Looking to fill position immediately!