Los Angeles, CA
Assistant Registrar, Regen Projects
Position Summary: Provide support and assistance to the Chief Registrar, monitoring incoming and outgoing shipments and movement of all artwork for gallery operations. Assistant Registrar will manage the cataloguing, storage, condition, framing, and conservation of all gallery inventory. Maintenance of the database will be a significant responsibility for this position, as well as conducting large and small-scale inventory audits on a regularly scheduled basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with monitoring and tracking progress of incoming and outgoing shipments (domestic and international), working closely with vendor network for estimate bidding and shipping requests.
• Assist with tracking consignments and loans, updating spreadsheets and database as needed.
• Manage incoming and outgoing inventory for on-site and off-site storage.
• Monitor and track production progress of artworks.
• Oversee and input all ArtBase data related to gallery inventory, specifically artwork details, location, condition, framing and production costs, and exhibition histories.
• Maintain consistent procedures for the inputting of condition reporting, cataloguing, and tracking of artworks across multiple locations, including on and off-site storage, artist studios, museums, and art fairs.
• Manage and record condition reporting, alert directors of condition issues and coordinate framing and conservation as needed.
• Direct long-term onsite and offsite inventory projects in collaboration with chief registrar, chief preparator, and managing director. Desired Skills and Experience:
• Minimum two years gallery experience in collections management and registration
• Minimum one year experience with ArtBase Database, Mac proficient
• Advanced degree in collections management, museum studies, or related field preferred
• Extremely detail oriented and accuracy focused
• Experience with art handling all mediums, knowledge of packing materials, and fine art storage
• Exceptional planning, organizing and execution of both immediate needs and long term projects
• Capable of working independently as well as with a team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please email your cover letter, resumes, and references to email@example.com with Assistant Registrar in the subject line. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview; no phone calls or visits, please.
Do you like this post?