East West Players (EWP)
Los Angeles, CA
Direct Report: Producing Artistic Director
Position: Assistant to the Producing Artistic Director
EAST WEST PLAYERS
East West Players (EWP) is a nonprofit organization with a mission of producing artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences.
EWP is seeking an Assistant to the Producing Artistic Director to provide general office, fundraising and program support for the Producing Artistic Director. This position is an hourly, part-time position; the weekly time commitment may range from 15 to 20 hours.
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Job responsibilities may include:
- Assistance in drafting and maintaining correspondences on behalf of the Producing Artistic Director, fielding phone calls and communications via social media;
- Assist with organizing EWP’s professional enrichment classes;
- Attending meetings as a representative of the Producing Artistic Director, taking notes and conveying action items or summaries;
- Updating and maintaining artists records in the EWP database;
- Helping to produce and coordinate logistics around EWP’s artistic development programs including its Playwrights Group, new play development programs and special events.
- Help track Producing Artistic Director’s departmental budget and finances;
- Schedule meetings, auditions, travel and hotel arrangements, and coordinating tickets to performances and special events Conduct field research on special projects as guided by the Artistic Director;
- Overseeing EWP’s script reading program;
- Provide support for the Artistic Director on donor and Board of Directors related activities and events.
Strong candidates will possess superior organizational, administrative and technological skills, attention to detail, and will have strong written and verbal skills. S/he will be adept at working with a wide variety of people and personalities in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment; and be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion. S/he will have between one and two years of experience working in an office and producing theatre/events. The candidate will be able to demonstrable an interest in the arts, producing and talent management. Knowledge of the Los Angeles and national theatre landscape a plus.
TO APPLY (date posted 10/10/2018)
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to [email protected]. Please make the subject line of your email “Assistant to the Producing Artistic Director.” No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EWP provides all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.