Los Angeles, CA
With the oversight of Advancement Director, this management position will oversee all fundraising activity related to events within the organization, including cultivating and stewarding relationships with corporate and individual contributors and maintaining strong relationships with event volunteers. P.S. ARTS seeks an Associate Director of Event & Corporate Fundraising who will work closely with the Advancement Director and Events Coordinator to plan and implement a dynamic event and corporate fundraising program in support of P.S. ARTS’ mission and strategic plan.
- Drive all aspects of fundraising and cultivation events in alignment with P.S. ARTS’ mission and values, including identifying and stewarding relationships with potential contributors;
- Work with Advancement Director to develop overall corporate relations strategy for the identification and solicitation of prospective targets for cause marketing, event sponsorship, and P.S. ARTS programs;
- Prepare sponsorship proposals and contracts in coordination with Advancement Director;
- Help oversee the coordination of all aspects of sponsorship fulfillment;
- Oversee Events Coordinator’s fundraising duties via event catalog sales, solicitation of auction and gift bag items, and other means as appropriate
- Collaborate with Advancement Director, CEO, and Event Committees in creating and executing VIP/celebrity communications strategy in correlation with events;
- Work with Externals Affairs manager to drive organization awareness through event outreach;
- Contribute to advancement department consent agenda and department report for the Board of Trustees;
- Address and report to the Board of Trustees as requested by the Advancement Director;
- Oversee the Events Coordinator in facilitating day-of event logistics including catering, rentals and production;
- Work with the Events Coordinator and External Affairs Manager to develop invitations, catalogs and event signage, and maintain event-related information on the P.S. ARTS website;
- Cultivate and maintain strong volunteer relationships and serve as point of contact for volunteer event committees;
- With Events Coordinator, lead and facilitate event planning and production meetings;
- Develop and track event budgets;
- Monitor event timelines;
- Oversee coordination of invitation lists and mailings;
- Negotiate sponsorship/partnership terms based on guidelines set by the organization;
- Support the programs team with Community Outreach events, as needed;
- Work with the Deputy Director, the Advancement Director, and the Financial Analyst to reconcile event revenues and expenses;
- With the Advancement Director, develop event revenue goals for upcoming budget cycles.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible development experience, including fundraising event management experience.
- Proven skills in developing sophisticated strategies in planning, implementing and administering corporate sponsorship solicitations.
- Experience in making cold calls and resilience in dealing with initial resistance and rejection.
- Volunteer and staff management experience.
- Persuasive oral and written communication skills to prepare and present solicitation strategies, proposals and other marketing materials.
- Ability to exercise initiative and accept responsibility to work proactively and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Highly developed organizational skills, focus and a goal-oriented temperament, with a high level of initiative and energy.
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving and using judgment in situations requiring independent initiative and tact.
- High degree of professionalism and tact.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
How To Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please no phone calls or hard copies.