Los Angeles, CA
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS
Reports To: Advancement Director
Schedule: Office Hours 9AM – 5PM, but must be able to work some nights and weekends
Designation: Full-time, Exempt
Salary Range: Starting at $60,000 with performance-based increases up to $70,000, budget-dependent
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability, 401k (unmatched) and FSA eligible
P.S. ARTS is dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing arts education to underserved public schools and communities.
With the oversight of the Advancement Director, the Associate Director, Communications (‘AD’) will oversee all communications and branding activity within the organization. This position will help position P.S. ARTS as a key player in the arts education field by cultivating relationships with the media and representing the organization at advocacy and policy events. The AD will oversee public relations efforts associated with organization programs and events as well as any advocacy-related communication strategies. With the Advancement Director, the AD will also co-manage the Development + Communications Coordinator
As will all P.S. ARTS employees, the AD takes part in a comprehensive performance management program which includes weekly department meetings along with one-on-one meetings with the Advancement Director to track progress on goals, a mid-year check-in and an end-of-the-year performance review. The AD is also expected to model P.S. ARTS’ values of Art, Community, Equity, Innovation, Excellence and Life-long Learning.
Qualifications and Training:
- A Master’s degree in a related field
- 4+ years of experience in marketing and communications management
- Experience with an agency or brand with a strong network of influencer relationships in arts, education and/or entertainment industries
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite and other media-related platforms and software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational skills, creative and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Work with a fluctuating and dynamic schedule
- Effectively interact with P.S. ARTS’ constituents, stakeholders and community partners
- Self-directed and able to work remotely
- Develop and maintain relationships with local press contacts and media outlets;
- Attend local, regional and national policy and advocacy events, as appropriate;
- Brief senior staff on critical arts education news and policy and oversee real time response to current events in education, children's issues, and the arts;
- Develop strategies to drive brand awareness and opportunities for mission-related engagement;
- Oversee brand consistency across departments;
- In concert with the Program department, develop the P.S. ARTS brand for all digital program content;
- Oversee development of content across all outlets and draft campaigns that highlight org. priorities and drive email capture, social following and donations;
- Develop a membership/donor communication stewardship plan – identify touchpoints for cultivation;
- Work with the Program department to feature programs, school partnerships, and the communities we serve on P.S. ARTS communications channels as well as on partner school communications outlets;
- Create and execute strategy to increase parent, student, and teacher traffic to P.S. ARTS’ online content;
- Identify areas of improvement in data capture, segmentation and maintenance;
- Audit content and digital assets for adherence to the organization's Cultural Equity and Inclusion plan;
- Ensure that digital content reflects the organization's values of Art, Equity, Excellence, Innovation and Community;
- Create marketing plan and secure press coverage for each major fundraising and program-related event;
- Collaborate with External Affairs Committee to create and execute VIP/celebrity communication strategy;
- Draft press releases and oversee press/dignitary/VIP activities at events and programs, as appropriate;
- Oversee the creation and production of invitations, catalogs and event signage and maintain external affairs-related information on the P.S. ARTS website;
- Support the Programs department with Community Outreach events, as needed.
- Identify and advise on external affairs-related issues, goals and strategies;
- Drive awareness, advocacy and PR in government, community and VIP circles through marketing;
- Contribute to the Advancement department consent agenda and report for the Board of Trustees;
- Oversee the hiring, evaluation and supervision of Advancement department interns.
- Remote work;
- When able to safely travel, attend meetings and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations. Due to responsibilities requiring travel to locations not easily accessible by public transportation, driving is an essential job responsibility for this position. Valid driver’s license required. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “AD, Communications.”
Priority Application Deadline: 7.30.2020
Phone interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
PLEASE NO HARD COPIES OR PHONE CALLS.
P.S. ARTS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and dedicated to better reflecting the communities we serve. P.S. ARTS is actively taking steps to meet our commitment to diversity and to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented communities to apply for this position, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
Do you like this post?