Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director of Institutional Grants
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director of Advancement
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time
STATUS: (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
COMPENSATION: Salary, commensurate with experience
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
DEPARTMENT: Institutional Advancement
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
Center Theatre Group seeks an Associate Director of Institutional Grants to join the company’s Institutional Advancement team, reporting to the Deputy Director of Advancement. This position will be responsible for 1) maximizing foundation and government support, including corporate foundations, 2) managing a personal portfolio of institutional donors and prospects, and 3) supervising a Grants Writer.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards Foundation, Government, and Corporate Philanthropy donors to meet and/or exceed annual fundraising goals
- Oversees all grant activity for existing and prospective Foundation, Government, and Corporate Philanthropy donors, ensuring the accurate and timely submission of all letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports
- Manages a personal portfolio of current and prospective institutional funders and implements donor cultivation strategies
- Supervises and mentors a Grants Writer to achieve success in calendar management, writing grants, proofreading, editing, data collection, and administrative tasks
- Work with Advancement Operations team to oversee Institutional Grants income and expense budgets
- Collaborates and works closely with the Institutional Advancement executive team, senior management, and other program staff to think strategically about identifying funding opportunities for advancing major institutional prospects
- Attends and works special events throughout the season
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Four years of college from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work history required. A minimum of 4 years’ institutional giving and management experience with proven fundraising success at cultural organizations with annual budgets over $5 million is required. Fundraising for performing arts a plus. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and database systems such as Tessitura. Outstanding strategic thinker, attention to detail, writing and proofreading skills, and an ability to prepare budget information for proposals and reports are essential. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, personable, and have an interest in theatre.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: [email protected]
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.