Pasadena Playhouse is looking for an exceptional individual to work closely with the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer and Director of Patron Services & Sales on higher strategic initiatives of the organization to increase and retain audiences, establish a strong brand, and grow earned revenue. The Associate Director of Marketing & Communications will lead the Marketing and Communications team through the creation and implementation of marketing plans for both the sale of single tickets and memberships. Through the analysis of sales patterns and audience trends, the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications will have an opportunity to develop systems and strategies that will impact the overall success of the individual productions and the organization as a whole.
The Playhouse is seeking someone who is highly motivated, process oriented, data driven and passionate for marketing and analytics. Significant experience with Tessitura is required. The ideal candidate must have strong initiative, great problem-solving capability, excellent communication skills, and a can-do attitude. The company is growing and changing, so flexibility in job duties, description and expectations is a must!
● With CMCO, create an overall strategy for single ticket and membership campaigns.
● Supervise the work of the Marketing Manager and Coordinator, and the Communications Manager and Coordinator.
● Oversee the execution of all marketing efforts including traditional and digital advertising, direct mail, social media, etc., to ensure proper campaign creation and execution of both single ticket and membership programs.
● Oversee the execution of audience development initiatives to target show-specific audiences, including partnerships and promotions.
● Develop and execute all show-specific on-site engagement opportunities.
● Proactively monitor sales trends and identify possible issues to address and redirect efforts when necessary.
● Act as Tessitura power user, with a specific emphasis in the marketing functionality, and ensuring proper knowledge sharing across the organization.
● Develop and execute ongoing audience building initiatives to target key constituencies that will lead to overall growth of the organization.
● Plan and implement organizational events focused on brand building and audience growth.
● Create and manage New-To-File cultivation/retention campaigns.
● Oversee the planning and execution of opening nights for all productions, including pre-show logistics and post-show events, invitations, list creation, seating, and more.
● Mine data for trends, anomalies and actionable items to determine the success of all initiatives.
● Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the department and the organization.
● Ability to work nights and weekends required.
● A proven track record for increasing sales revenue and audience development and retention.
● 5 years experience in marketing and communications, and success in creation and execution of strategic marketing plans.
● Significant experience using Tessitura CRM software.
● Previous management experience.
● Familiarity with fundraising preferred.
● Growth/change mindset
● Proactive problem solving capabilities
● Collaborative working style
● Interest in high workload translating into high reward
There are no major sources of discomfort and the Playhouse is a standard office environment with regular exposure to video terminal displays. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Perform other duties as assigned. Employees are occasionally required to lift or move up to 15 pounds.
Compensation is $72,000 (Salaried and Exempt). Benefits package includes medical, dental, life insurance coverage, PTO and a 403(b) plan. Start date is immediate.