Ravenhill Studio is seeking a sharp, meticulous and hard-working Associate Planner to join our team. This is a fast-paced, hands-on opportunity to learn how a small studio designs, markets and manufactures high-end lighting fixtures. The Associate Planner plays a critical role in the operations of the studio. Their core responsibility is tracking and optimizing inventory levels, and managing inventory ordering, intake and organization. The studio’s ability to smoothly run its supply chain and deliver high quality products on time and on budget are all reliant on the skills, hustle and intelligence of this team member. You'll be working with a small, passionate team of makers and designers who take great pride in what we do. The ideal candidate has a high level of organization and initiative, has a strong
attention to detail, communicates clearly and finds creative answers to difficult problems.
- Lead purchasing for all parts and products, maintaining optimal inventory levels to ensure the right amount of stock is available to meet demand.
- Work closely with the Pre-Production Manager to design, execute and analyze dynamic ordering strategies that creatively meet production planning and budget goals.
- Analyze inventory, identifying trends and anomalies to ensure risks to the supply network are identified as early as possible and contingency plans are in place for supply interruptions.
- Proactively communicate availability on parts/product as well as low stock.
- Manage organization and assignment of physical and digital inventory.
- Prepare, track, receive and reconcile all Purchase Orders and communicate effectively with suppliers to ensure quoted lead times are met.
- Communicate with the Finance Department for Purchase Order approval, Vendor
Payment Scheduling, Price Increases and Inventory Damages.
- Identify and present opportunities of efficiencies and cost savings.
- Build & maintain accurate Bill of Materials for all products to ensure digital and physical inventory remains aligned.
- Lead physical inventory counts and reconciliation, and collaborate with the Pre-Production manager to analyze & present results.
- Strategize and recommend timing and quantity for Ready to Ship products.
- Maintain accuracy by enforcing team handling, transportation, intake, and storage standards.
- 1-2 year background in planning, purchasing, inventory control or related field
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Enterprise or equivalent inventory management software
- You love spreadsheets and statistical analysis
- Strong communication and time management skills
- A willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Valid CA driver’s license
NICE TO HAVES
- MRP / ERP system knowledge
- Proficiency with Trello or equivalent project management tools
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Proficiency with Solidworks, SketchUp, Rhino or other CAD software
- Familiarity with various fabrication processes such as woodworking / wood finishing, metalworking / metal finishing etc.
- Experience operating a forklift
If this sounds like you, please send your application to [email protected] Due to the large number of submissions, we may not respond to all inquiries. If this is your dream position then impress us with a great cover letter, full of character and devoid of typos. We care more about who you are than what you've done.
In your cover letter, please explain why you want to join Ravenhill Studio, what drives you creatively, and an example of your problem-solving skills (this can be a story, an object, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work).
In addition, please provide the following:
- Two professional references
- Date you can start
- Compensation requirements
Email [email protected] by 10/31/2022.