Los Angeles Master Chorale
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Master Chorale is seeking an Audience Engagement Coordinator who will play a vital role in implementing the organization’s audience development and community engagement efforts to achieve institutional goals. The successful candidate will have the ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment, to plan and manage projects independently as well as work collaboratively with colleagues on team projects, to anticipate needs and challenges, and to solve problems as an integral member of the administrative team. S/he will report to the Director of Marketing.
This position is a project-based position with an expected completion date of July 2018. However, it may become a permanent staff position, with a determination to be made in early 2018.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Functions:
- Play a leadership role in developing new audiences that represent the diversity of Los Angeles’ many singing communities in support of the Master Chorale’s Big Sing projects.
- Create new and nurture on-going relationships with outside organizations, groups and choirs to raise the overall profile of the Master Chorale and increase attendance for both Master Chorale concerts and Big Sing performances.
- Collaborate with the marketing and development teams in the creation and implementation of patron loyalty programs to nurture repeat visits, encourage multi purchases and increase individual donations.
- Manage group sales relationships and facilitate ticketing with outside special groups and organizations.
- Assist in maintaining database (including data collection, entry, updating, etc.) and maximizing the powerful analytical tools within the Tessitura client relationship management platform.
- Develop, implement, and monitor social media and online marketing campaigns to increase audience engagement with the Master Chorale.
- Attend and support Master Chorale concerts and special events, including executing assigned duties before and after concerts and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; 2-4 years successful administrative experience working in marketing-related services for a nonprofit organization (preferably non-profit arts).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Use MSWord/Excel as well as Internet and e-mail programs proficiently.
- Communicate professionally, effectively and courteously with all contacts—both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and organize workload throughout the day to meet project timelines and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Creativity and a passion for the arts, in general, and music, in particular.
- Ability to speak a second language a plus.
- Knowledge of choral music preferred.
Other Job Requirements:
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must have a vehicle and will be required to drive to off-site locations. (Mileage is fully reimbursed.)
Position Status: Full time/Non-exempt
Position Compensation: Approximately $35,000/year or commensurate with experience, plus full benefits.
Position open until filled
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials at www.lamc.org/jobs
* * *
About the Los Angeles Master Chorale
The Los Angeles Master Chorale is an independent and innovative professional vocal ensemble that shares the traditional and evolving spectrum of choral music with the widest possible audience. We advance this art through performance, community education, collaboration, commissioning, and recording.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale is the country’s largest independent professional chorus and one of Southern California’s most vibrant cultural treasures. Hailed for its powerful performances, technical precision, and artistic daring, the Master Chorale is led by Artistic Director Grant Gershon. It is a founding resident company of The Music Center and the choir-in-residence at Walt Disney Concert Hall. Chorister positions are highly sought-after and the professional choir is a diverse and vocally dynamic group showcasing the many voices of L.A.
Presenting its own concert series each season, the Master Chorale performs choral music from the earliest writings to contemporary compositions striking a balance between innovation and tradition. It also regularly performs with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at Disney Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. Praised for its definitive performances, the choir is committed to recording the choral repertoire and has also featured with Gershon on the soundtracks of many major motion pictures.
ABOUT BIG SING
Big Sing is a new initiative to bring people together for shared singing experiences in a fun, casual environment. The Master Chorale is launching several performances over the next several years and aims to engage thousands of Californians in song:
- Big Sing with Moira Smiley | October 29, 2016, part of the Grand Ave Arts: All Access day.
- Big Sing L.A. | June 24, 2017, part of the Chorus America Conference, hosted in Los Angeles by the LA Master Chorale
- Big Sing California | June 2018, hosted by Eric Whitacre
For more information, visit www.lamasterchorale.org.