San Francisco, CA
WolfBrown seeks a uniquely qualified individual to manage a diverse and growing portfolio of audience research clients. This is a full-time position, located in our San Francisco office.
WolfBrown is a leading provider of market research and management consulting services to cultural institutions, arts agencies, and foundations in the US and abroad. The firm’s San Francisco office specializes in market research and evaluation, typically in support of various institutional projects and foundation grant programs to build audiences, expand participation, and deepen engagement in the arts. To accomplish our work, we draw on an ever-widening circle of qualitative and quantitative research methods, always seeking new and better approaches to addressing the field’s most persistent research questions and planning challenges. Since 2007, we have developed significant new survey methods and software tools for assisting arts and cultural organizations in understanding their audiences and visitors, with a focus on impact assessment.
The Audience Research Program Manager supports a diverse and growing portfolio of cultural organizations in surveying their audiences and visitors. This position encompasses both client services and marketing. The position reports to Alan Brown, principal of WolfBrown, and will collaborate daily with other WolfBrown staff in a highly integrated work environment. Preferred candidates must be located (or able to relocate) to the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Audience Research Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Mastering WolfBrown’s proprietary survey tools and software, in order to train and service clients;
- Assisting clients with survey design, survey programming, dashboard set-up, and interpretation of data;
- Implementing sales and marketing efforts for the audience research program;
- Working in partnership with other WolfBrown staff in the conceptualization of new tools and services;
- Answering incoming queries from arts organizations;
- Securing, finalizing and administering contracts and renewals with new and ongoing clients;
- Supervising the work of one or more technical support staff members.
This is a highly entrepreneurial position for a gregarious individual with a track record of successful work in one or more of the following fields: arts administration (e.g., marketing, development, ticketing, education); social science research; market research or evaluation; and/or a related field.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational, computing, and marketing skills, and must be highly detail-oriented and team-oriented. A four-year college degree is required. We are looking for some combination of the following core competencies:
- At least two years' experience in a full-time professional position with strong evidence of growth and accomplishment;
- A strong customer service orientation, as evidenced by references
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as evidenced throughout the interview process, and through work samples;
- Strong project management and organization skills, as evidenced by work samples and references;
- High fluency in English;
- Sensitivity to culturally diverse communities;
- Excellent computing skills (including Microsoft applications in a Mac environment), and a demonstrated capacity to quickly master survey software and other software tools;
- A deep passion for the arts, or some training as an artist (any discipline).
The following skills and experience are desired, but not required:
- Some experience with survey research methods, sociology, consumer behavior, or psychology, with a capacity to interpret quantitative data;
- Some knowledge of, or connection to, the national arts landscape, through a service organization or other network;
- Experience with ticketing software;
- Experience with self-service survey tools (e.g., SurveyMonkey);
- Data analysis skills (SPSS training will be provided);
- Experience with website production and social media;
- Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese.
The work will appeal to individuals who are self-directed, highly motivated, technically oriented, and skilled communicators.
This is a full-time salaried position, with compensation commensurate with experience. All WolfBrown salaried employees are eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus based on individual and company performance. A benefits package is also provided, including medical and dental benefits, life insurance, and a retirement savings plan.
Individuals who are interested in this position should email a resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
Please, no telephone inquiries. References, writing samples, and other work samples will only be requested of finalists.
The deadline for application is November 8, 2016.