The Broad Stage
Los Angeles, CA
Audience Services Associate, Front of House Department: Front of House Reports To: Front of House Manager Position Type: Part-Time Non Exempt, Seasonal, 12/10/2017-1/31/2018 Wage: $12.00/Hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Having the highest volume of interactions with the majority of the public, the Front of House (FoH) team is a critical part to the success of all performances at The Broad Stage. Associates are responsible for welcoming patrons as they arrive, quickly assisting them as needed, and ensuring that they have a safe, inclusive and positive theater experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tidy the theater and lobby before/after performances, including moving lobby furniture
- Greet patrons as they arrive; escort patrons to their seats; distribute programs
- Assist patrons who require accessible accommodations, such as large-print programs, assistive listening devices (ALDs), and/or wheelchair accessibility
- Answer patron questions regarding events, the theater and the organization
- Assist Front of House Manager in resolving seating difficulties
- Monitor patrons during performances and address issues of audience behavior, safety, and comfort as they arise
- Sell merchandise at select performances
- Participate in emergency evacuation of the theater, when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Possess strong analytical assessment skills
- Ability to quickly respond to patron needs and any situation that may arise
- Ability to use proper etiquette and good judgment when situations escalate to higher management
- Flexible co-created work schedule; evening and weekend availability required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- General knowledge of theater or the performing arts (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately noisy.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit.
- The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include seeing in the dark with use of flashlight, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may have to climb one or more flights of stairs, as well as move about on the upper levels of the theater.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the “Audience Service Associate, Front of House” in the subject line