Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
The Audio Video Coordinator works with the Audio Video Supervisor in executing all aspects of Audio and Video operation and the coordination of technical elements as they relate to Audio and Video in the 500-seat Goldsmith Theater, the 150-seat Lovelace Studio space, and other facility elements. Direct and supervise audio and video crews, maintains the Audio Video department equipment, and work areas.
- Three years’ experience working as a sound or video technician, or similar, in a professional dance, music and theatre company.
- A practical knowledge of technical theater that includes theatrical and live sound video or projection practices. Experience with a variety of audio reinforcement, control, basic recording, and intercommunications systems.
- Ability to program and operate sound consoles and projection systems for tech and performances. Programming knowledge of Yamaha PM5D and LS9 preferred. QLAB and Watch out experience a plus.
- Ability to supervise crews and vendors.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair Audio and Video equipment.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of theatrical sound design and audio video technologies and experience with a variety of sound and AV equipment is required.
- Capacity to solve problems and engage in creative thinking about challenges.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Team player: works closely with Production Department Heads, Production Department Staff, Stage Managers and Production Supervisor.
- Familiarity with proper safety protocols for theatrical productions.
- Must be able to comfortably negotiate stairs, ladders, lifts, and catwalks up to 45 feet above ground, as well as working within confined spaces.
- Ability to work a varying schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Experience with touring productions and international artists are a plus.
- Higher level education required. BA or BFA or MFA preferred.
- Supervise audio technical work crew members and running crew members.
- Act as sound board, or projection system operator to fulfill programming and show run needs. Serve as the primary Audio and/or Video technician for events and shows as needed.
- Assist the Audio Video Director with prep and provide equipment necessary to implement designs.
- Maintain accurate inventories of all audio and video equipment and track its use.
- Assist the Audio/Video Director in facilitating audio and video needs for special events in the theaters and production center.
- Maintain a clear understanding of all aspects of theatrical productions in order to facilitate audio and video needs throughout the preparation, build, rehearsal, technical rehearsal, running, and closing of each production, presentation, and special event.
- Assist the AV Supervisor in directing and overseeing over hire crew, load-in, and maintenance of shows and strike.
- Maintain a safe working environment, including managing and providing training, equipment, recordkeeping, and incident reporting.
- Responsible for reading show reports, rehearsal schedules, and facilities calendars. Follow-up on applicable details and notes, and communicate information to supervisors and staff as appropriate.
- Orient facility renters and visiting productions on safety regulations, technical characteristics, and other areas of facility operations.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, long-range vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].