San Francisco, CA
MUSICA PACIFICA, one of America's premier Baroque Ensembles, seeks a Booking Agent.
This part-time position starts at 15-20 hours per week
Although Musica Pacifica is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, candidates could work remotely from other areas of the country.
Note: if more hours are desired, another organization, also in need of a booking agent, could potentially double these hours.
· Regularly and consistently contact presenters by phone and email to secure concert engagements.
· Maintain and grow/develop database of prospective presenters active in booking live performances of classical music.
· Prepare copy for bi-monthly or monthly newsletter emailed to presenters and mailing list; distribute to list.
· Potentially negotiate fees and arrangements with presenters when group is engaged.
· Create simple sales sheets with graphics.
· Possibly other PR duties to be discussed.
· Sales ability, including making cold calls, tracking contacts, timely follow-up, and closing deals.
· A familiarity with classical music is required, and familiarity with early music preferred.
· Experience in this field is desirable, but resourcefulness, discipline and the ability to work independently are even more important.
· Competence with email, a direct mail platform (such as MailChimp), word processing, preparing marketing pieces, and database management.
· Basic to intermediate graphic design skills.
An hourly fee plus commission on any engagements booked.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume, cover letter and hourly salary requirements to Peter McDowell Arts Consulting, firstname.lastname@example.org