San Francisco Bay Area, CA
MUSICA PACIFICA, ONE OF AMERICA’S PREMIER BAROQUE ENSEMBLES, SEEKS A BOOKING AGENT.
This part-time position starts at 15-20 hours per month. This position may be completed remotely, and we are accepting candidates from all areas of the country.
· Regularly and consistently contact presenters by phone and email to secure concert engagements.
· Maintain and grow/develop database of prospective presenters active in booking live performances of classical music.
· Prepare copy for seasonal newsletter emailed to presenters and mailing list; distribute to list.
· Potentially negotiate fees and arrangements with presenters when group is engaged.
· Create simple promotional flyers with graphics.
· Possibly additional PR duties to be discussed. Some fundraising work may be added.
· Sales ability, including making cold calls, tracking contacts, timely follow-up, and closing deals.
· A familiarity with classical music is required, and familiarity with early music preferred.
· Experience in this field is desirable, but resourcefulness, discipline and the ability to work independently are even more important.
· Competence with email, a direct mail platform (such as MailChimp), word processing, preparing marketing pieces, and database management.
· Basic to intermediate graphic design skills.
Compensation: An hourly fee plus commission on any engagements booked. Pay is $18-20/hr depending on level of previous booking experience.
Please submit resume, cover letter and hourly salary requirements to Judy Linsenberg firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Part-time