Los Angeles, CA
DIAVOLO | Architecture In Motion (“DIAVOLO”) seeks a creative, energetic, and organized Bookkeeper to join the team. This position will be part-time, between 8-10 hours per week. We are looking for an experienced individual to perform a variety of administrative and financial tasks. This includes bookkeeping, payroll administration, processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable, credit card and bank entry and reconciliation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Overall responsibility for data entry into Quickbooks Online
- Process bills and prepare checks for signature
- Process payroll
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial reports
- Entering deposits into Quickbooks
- Manage accounts Receivable
- Reconciling bank accounts and credit card accounts against monthly statements
- Getting copies of pay stubs and 1099s to employees and dancers when needed during the year
- Perform additional tasks as directed on an as-needed basis
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of bookkeeping and accounting experience
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online, Intuit Full Service Payroll or other similar bookkeeping software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Interest in the arts and affinity with dance are a plus
Work Schedule: The position is flexible with the opportunity to work from home and in the DIAVOLO office when appropriate. Work schedule is determined in advance and includes some evenings, early mornings and weekends depending on the workload.
Location: DIAVOLO is located in the Brewery Arts Complex, just northeast of downtown Los Angeles.
Salary: Individual will be offered a competitive hourly wage based on experience
Application: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, send resume and cover letter to Jose Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
About the Company: DIAVOLO is a world-renowned modern dance company based in Los Angeles that uses the power of dance to explore the relationship between the human body and its architectural environment. DIAVOLO has performed extensively locally as well as throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America. Throughout its 25-year history, DIAVOLO has transformed the lives of over half a million concertgoers, dancers, teaching artists and students worldwide as well as millions more on syndicated national television such as NBC’s America’s Got Talent (U.S., 2017), Le Plus Grand Cabaret du Monde’s (France, 2017), and Helene Fischer’s Show (Germany, 2017).