East West Players
Los Angeles, CA
Program/Department: Front of House
Direct Report: Audience Services Manager
Position: Box Office Associate
Hours: Approx. 15 hours/week, Thursdays - Sundays
East West Players (EWP) is a non-profit organization with a mission of producing artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences.
EWP seeks a Box Office Associate (BOA) for our next production MAMMA MIA! The BOA is responsible for the daily box office window operations of EWP’s David Henry Hwang Theater during the day’s performance(s). The ideal candidate will have box office experience and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced customer service-oriented environment.
Box Office shifts are: Thursdays - Saturdays, 5:30 - 9 PM and Saturdays & Sundays, 11:30 AM - 3 PM from May 9 through June 9, 2019, with the possibility of extending the performance schedule. The BOA must be available Thursdays and Sundays during this time frame. Paid training prior to these dates is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Print will-call tickets and subscriber ticket exchanges
- Process and print all 3rd Party Retailer will call lists
- Process all phone and walk-up orders
- Provide excellent customer service to all of our patrons
- Follow all EWP ticketing/sales/customer service policies, protocols, and guidelines
- Prepare appropriate sales reports and deposits at conclusion of box office hours
- Work with House Manger, helping to ensure the performance begins on time
- Trouble-shoot any ticketing or customer service issues
- Accurately input patron data into PatronManager
- Maintain current knowledge of EWP, the shows, and the Little Tokyo neighborhood
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have excellent speaking and writing skills
- Experience with PatronManager (highly desired) or similar CRM database & ticketing program preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a box office environment preferred
- Experience in customer service
- Experience making quick decisions in high-pressure and time-sensitive situations
- Pleasant, welcoming, and friendly demeanor
To Apply (date posted 4/4/19):
Send resume, cover letter, and availability for work during May 9 – June 9, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject line of your email “Box Office MAMMA MIA!” No phone calls please. Candidates are encouraged to apply before Monday, April 15, 2019.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EWP provides all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.