Shakespeare Center of LA
Los Angeles, CA
Department: Ticketing and VIP Concierge
Reports To: Box Office Manager and Development Department
Position Type: Seasonal Employment/Part Time, Non-Exempt
Box Office Associates are the front line ambassadors for the Shakespeare Center of LA. Seasonal Employment begins in April and ends July 2018 including performances June 5-July 1. Using best practices in customer service and sales, Box Office Associates will provide patrons with a positive experience while adhering to organizational policies and procedures. In addition, Box Office Associates assist with VIP concierge duties, daily reporting and other administrative office tasks.
- Provide exceptional customer service to create a great experience at the theater
- Conduct ticket sales, exchanges and other transactions over the phone, via email, and in person
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reports and other administrative tasks
- Answer patrons’ questions concerning theater programs, schedules, directions, etc.
- Provide VIP concierge services to SCLA patrons and VIPs, as required.
- Work will-call window prior to performances in an outdoor environment.
- Process payments, accepting cash, check or credit card; ensure control of monies received at all times
- Print tickets and/or Arrival Manifests; verify accuracy and non-duplication of seats, dates and venue; accurately package and mail tickets as needed.
- Resolve patron concerns; clarify the complaint, determine the cause, and select and explain the best solution; expedite correction or adjustment; follow up to ensure resolution
- Properly respond to and archive emails sent to the Box Office and GroupSales email alias
- Maintain and update extensive patron database
- Transport Box Office hardware as needed between Shakespeare Center of LA offices and VA West LA campus theatre location.
- Set up and strike Box office hardware at Shakespeare Center of LA offices and VA West LA campus theatre locations.
- Assist Concessions and Front of House departments, as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Box Office Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Box Office Associate is regularly required to sit, stand, cross uneven, unpaved outdoor surfaces with cables, and ascend and descend stairs. Job responsibilities take place indoors and outdoors in weather, rain or shine. On occasion the Box Office Associate will be asked to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Strong attention to detail
- Two years customer service experience, live theater ticketing environment preferred
- Ability to communicate well and follow instructions both orally and in writing
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
- Reliable and timely transportation between Shakespeare Center of LA and Japanese Garden at Veterans Administration West LA campus.
- Experience communicating at high levels of VIP service in email, over the phone and in person.
- Takes initiative; can work well independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Computer proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience with Vendini ticketing software (preferred)
- Availability to work April 16 - July, 30 hours per week evenings and weekends outdoors.
HOW TO APPLY
There are 3 positions open. This position is seasonal part-time, 10-35 hours a week, for a limited term of employment April –July 2018. Associates must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends for the entire term of employment. Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with this job title in the subject line.