East West Players
Los Angeles, CA
Program/Department: Front of House
Direct Report: Audience Services Manager
Position: Box Office Associate
Hours: up to approx. 15 hours/week, Thursdays - Sundays
East West Players (EWP) is a non-profit organization with a mission of producing artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences.
EWP seeks a Box Office Associate (BOA) for our next production YOHEN, October 26 – November 11, 2017. The BOA is responsible for the daily box office window operations of EWP’s David Henry Hwang Theater during the day’s performance(s). The ideal candidate will have box office experience and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced customer service-oriented environment.
Box Office shifts are: Thursdays - Saturdays, 5:30 - 9 PM and Saturdays & Sundays, 11:30 AM - 3 PM from October 26 through November 19, 2017. Paid training prior to these dates is required.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Print will-call tickets and subscriber ticket exchanges
- Process and print all 3rd Party Retailer will call lists
- Process all phone and walk-up orders
- Provide excellent customer service to all of our patrons
- Follow all EWP ticketing/sales/customer service policies, protocols, and guidelines
- Prepare appropriate sales reports and deposits at conclusion of box office hours
- Work with House Manger, helping to ensure the performance begins on time
- Trouble-shoot any ticketing or customer service issues
- Accurately input patron data into PatronManager
- Maintain current knowledge of EWP, the shows, and the Little Tokyo neighborhood
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have excellent speaking and writing skills
- Experience with PatronManager (highly desired) or similar CRM database & ticketing program preferred
- 1-2 years experience working in a box office environment preferred
- Experience in customer service
- Experience making quick decisions in high-pressure and time-sensitive situations
- Pleasant, welcoming, and friendly demeanor
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] by Monday, October 9, 2017. Include in the subject line of your email the title of the position for which you are applying. No phone calls please.