The Actors' Gang
Culver City, CA
WHO WE ARE
The ACTORS’ GANG is a 37-year-old acting company, located in Culver City, California at the IVY Substation, an historical landmark. We have a 99-seat theatre. We produce plays, one workshop, numerous one-night events including readings, musical events, and dance, as well as Free Shakespeare in the Park during the summer.
The company was Founded by the Artistic Director, Tim Robbins, with the support of Co-Artistic Director, Cynthia Ettinger, and is a dynamic, socially conscious actors company. We also have acclaimed outreach programs in schools and prisons.
WHAT WE NEED
A full time, year-round Box Office Manager for all events, working with a part-time associate and numerous volunteers from the acting company. The position will consist of a 35-hour work week including nights and weekends.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least two-years of experience in ticketing online, by phone, and in person
- You can manage a mix of staff and volunteers effectively
- You have genuinely exceptional interpersonal skills
- You have superb organizational skills
- You understand the importance of making everyone’s box office experience a positive one
- You are superb with details
- You understand how to keep accurate financial records, including closing each show
- You can work in the unconventional work environment of an active working theater
- You understand the importance of VIPs, Donors, and zero-defect service for all
- You can work nights and weekends. Our show schedule is currently Wednesday-Sunday
- You understand what concierge level service means
- You have at a high school diploma; a college degree would be considered a plus.
- You can make everyone your new best friend on phone calls
- You return emails within 24-hours and people comment how friendly you are
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]