Odyssey Theatre Ensemble
The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble is seeking a part-time (30-36 hrs/wk) Box Office & Social Media manager with flexible weekly schedule but required evening and weekend shifts. 2-3 years experience in box office administration, theatre management and/or production are a must.
- Must have a passion for theatre and non-profit work.
- Manages box office staff/volunteers for a three-theatre complex
- Processes donations/memberships for theatr
- Phone reservations for Odyssey and visiting productions
- Audience outreach to community organizations, groups and schools
- Marketing for Odyssey produced productions
- Orientations for new rentals and new productions
- Provides friendly and responsible customer service in operating the box office.
- Builds and manages events within our ticketing software (OvationTix).
- Manages 3rd party ticket vendor allotments.
- Enters information into computerized ticketing databases, issues tickets, processes tickets, subscription and donation mail order and direct sales in person, by telephone and online.
- Attending mandatory weekly staff meetings and participating in brainstorming and problem-solving.
- Assists with front-of-house when necessary.
- Screens calls and patrons, responds to complaints and requests for information.
- Manages and maintains patron databases.
- Assists in the creation and deployment of mailings and e-mailings, promotional
content and design.
- Patron reporting and analysis, and accounting reconciliation.
- Responsible for assisting in the creation and management of all social media platforms – blog, Facebook, Twitter, & website.
- Assisting with special events/promotions.
- Friendly and personable demeanor.
- General administrative duties as assigned by Associate Artistic Director and Artistic Director.
- Comfortable handling a multi-line phone system.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a basic knowledge of accounting, Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Familiarity with OvationTix/AudienceView, Filemaker Pro, Constant Contact, Google Docs, Excel, Photoshop/Canva and Social Media strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Great mulit-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of grant writing/submissions is a plus.
- Team player and willingness to assist in other aspects of production and management.
- Some graphic design experience, blog, and website management are a plus.
- Cash handling & reconciliation experience.
- Previous customer service and/or live theatre box office experience required.