USC Roski School of Art and Design
Los Angeles, CA
The Roski School of Art and Design is seeking a Budget/Business Analyst to join its team! The Analyst will perform a variety of duties, including:
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assists in local planning of short and long term budgets by compiling and organizing data for use in forecasts.
- Analyze overall departmental spending versus budget.
- Prepares ad hoc financial reports as requested.
- Administers assigned budget(s). Monitors actual income and expense and develops projections to authorize or extend financial commitments.
- Forecasts future budget performance based on knowledge of assigned operations
- Identifies and researches variances and trends and brings to the attention of the supervisor for discussion and resolution.
- Troubleshoots problems, including research of pertinent facts and interacts with appropriate university staff to achieve resolution.
- Sets up and maintains accounts.
- Reconciles account balances and activity to university financial records and initiates correcting entries
- Coordinates year end financial transfer and closing activity to staff and faculty.
- Provides information to staff and faculty regarding university financial policies and procedures. Assists faculty and staff in financial transactions such as purchasing equipment and supplies and accounting for travel expenditures and reimbursements.
- Review purchasing requests against budget and university guidelines.
- Review purchasing and travel-card transactions to ensure compliance with university policies.
- On a monthly basis, reconcile account balances and activity to the university financial system, researching and bringing budget variances to the attention of the supervisor for discussion and resolution.
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience in finance or accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration/ accounting or related field.
- University budget experience and knowledge of university financial systems.
- Strong computer skills including Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented self-motivated, strong work ethic with the ability to meet deadlines and interact with all levels of management.
Why Work at the Roski School of Art and Design?
The USC Roski School of Art and Design offers an arts education that is as individual as the student. The varied programs – from design, painting and sculpture, to performance art and social practice – are all taught by the school’s renowned faculty of artists, designer, curators, scholars, and arts professionals, who provide students with creative, interpretive, and critical skills essential to the practices of art and design today. Join us!]
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Business administration, accounting or related degree and budget experience including knowledge of government and fund accounting. Strong computer skills with use of automated spreadsheets.
A P P L Y H E R E by 7/1/2022