1. Background And Mission
Altadena Arts is a brand-new nonprofit arts organization that was only founded in
August 2020. It is a project of Fulcrum Arts ’Emerge fiscal sponsorship program.
Altadena Arts is dedicated to celebrating artists, in the spirit of Charles White,
especially artists of color, women artists, and artists with disabilities through the
creation, production, and presentation of public artworks and arts education programs
that are accessible and inclusive at Charles White Park and throughout the community
The Art Festival is a core program of Altadena Art Festival and the event on October 23, 2021 will be the
first iteration of this program.Altadena Arts is announcing a Request for Artists to participate at the Altadena Art Festival at Charles White Park.
2. Request For Original Art Works for exhibition and sale by Artists.
Altadena Arts is seeking visual artists who live or work in Altadena and/or Pasadena to submit an
application to exhibit and/or sell their works to the general public at the Altadena Art Festival at
Charles White Park.
There are no limitations regarding the content or genre or style. Figurative or abstract or conceptual
works are welcomed as long as you artworks able to be displayed within a 10 ’x 10 ’tent canopy.
The Art Festival will be limited to showing the work of artists who live and/or work and/or have a
studio/art space in Altadena and Pasadena. Applicants outside of these areas are not eligible. A total of
ten artists will be selected.
A peer review panel of professional artists and/or arts professionals will review each artist. Preference
will be given to the selected artists in Altadena Arts’ Art of the Month collection and individuals whose
artistry advances the mission of Altadena Arts.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE 5 PM AUGUST 21, 2021
Altadena Arts will:
- Provide a 10 ’x 10 ’tent canopy. Artist can provide their own if they desire.
- 2 folding chairs and a 6 ’table will be available.
- Promote the artists in the festival via a variety of promotional channels including Social
- Media, Advertising, Eblasts, and the AltadenaArts.org website.
- Not charge a fee to participate.
- Provide a meal ticket for lunch at the Festival.
- Not have access to electrical power for the Artist.
- Submit a completed application
- Show and exhibit works of their own original art works.
- Sell works at their discretion.
- Participate in promoting the Festival.
- Be willing to contribute 10% of their net revenue achieved on the day of the Festival to Altadena
Arts to support its various programs: public art, arts education, art festival.
3. Contents Of Proposal
Artists interested in this project should submit the following information via the ItsSubmittable
application at https://altadenaarts.submittable.com/submit/198557/art-festival-applications
- Completed online application.
• Letter of Interest that is a maximum of 2 pages. The letter should describe your approach to
your you’re your artwork, influences on your art, and your connection to Altadena and
• Portfolio of 6 works that are representative of the Artists ’or Artist Collectives ’work include the
• Title of Artwork
• Dimensions of the work (critical to assess scale of the work)
• CV or Resume of the Artist that is a total of 4 pages maximum per artist.
• Proof of Residency (driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement). Applicant must either live,
work, or have a studio in the City of Pasadena or in the community of Altadena.
4 . Evaluation Procedures
The peer review panel consists of professional artists and/or arts professionals that will be assembled to
review submittals in response to the Request for Proposals.
Selection will be based on:
A. The Selection Panel shall review your proposal on its own merits. 50%
B. Artistic achievement as demonstrated in the résumé or CV of artist or artist team or artist collective
and quality of proposed artwork and portfolio. 50%
TOTAL 100 %
5. Project Timeline
July 21, 2021: Request for Original Artworks Release Announced.
August 11, 2021 at 7PM: Community Information Meeting via Zoom.
August 21, 2021 at 5PM: Deadline for Proposals to be submitted via ItsSubmittable
Mid-August 2021: Peer Review Panel Meets to Select Artists.
September 7, 2021: Altadena Artists Contacts & Contracts the Artists.
October 1, 2021: Press Release Distributed to the Media.
October 23, 2021: Art Festival. Booth Set Up at 8AM. Festival 10AM - 5PM.
6. Altadena Arts Community Meeting
Altadena Arts will host a virtual Zoom meeting to answer questions regarding Altadena Arts and Art
Festival on August 11 at 7pm. To sign-up to attend the meeting or have questions, please email: