University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
USC Latinx Heritage Month Celebration Banners
Seeking Lead Artist for USC Latinx Heritage Month Artwork
The University of Southern California is seeking to commission an L.A.-based artist to lead a community collaboration project to create artwork celebrating Latinx Heritage Month at USC. Final art will be produced as 24”W x 48”H double-sided banners displayed on light poles along the central corridor of USC’s campus.
Project Timespan: March 2019 – July 2019
Body of work applicable to the themes surrounding Latinx heritage
Ability to work within time frame, utilize feedback from community and art committee
Passion for educational institutions and community building
Awareness of the intersectionality of Latinx heritage and its many cultures
- Two (2) Meetings with USC students in March to discuss concepts for art piece(s)
- Three (3) Meetings with art selection committee: Present preliminary concepts (April); works in progress (June) and final work (July) for feedback and approval.
- Attendance at art unveiling celebration with USC Latinx community in September
The artist will be awarded a three-part Stipend, totaling $5,000, at chief points in the project process.
- Mid-April: Artist submits preliminary concepts for feedback (Stipend 1; $1,000)
- June 15: Review of work in progress by selection committee. (Stipend 2; $1,000)
- July 31: Final produced works submitted for production (Stipend 3; $3,000)
How to apply:
Send link to portfolio and written statement detailing why this project speaks to you to email@example.com. Application deadline is February 25, 2019.