Hollywood Arts Council
The Hollywood Entertainment District in partnership with the Hollywood Arts Council is seeking submissions for an LA artist to create artwork for 10 utility boxes along the world-famous Walk of Fame! The chosen artist will receive a $2,000 stipend for final designs. Artwork will be installed on 3M vinyl and must be original, Hollywood-specific work.
We are encouraging all artists to visit the site locations for inspiration! Take in the sights and sounds of our neighborhood. Click here to download a map of utility box locations.
Painting // Illustration // Text Art // Photography // Collage
- The theme of each project must include “Hollywood”. Be inspired by the city, its history and future!
- NO Cartoon Images or Graffiti work of any kind will be considered.
- Mediums may include Painting, Text Art, Illustration, Photography, Collage.
- Selected artist will receive $2,000 for compensation for final designs submitted as Illustrator files with the correct resolution/specs for the printer for all 10 utility boxes.
- Utility Boxes will have the Hollywood Entertainment District and Hollywood Arts Council logos placed on each as an identifier.
- Though not mandatory, we’re looking for interactive art. Think: the next art that people want to photograph themselves with and share! This tourism capital deserves art that the people will want to share!
- The scope and placement of the logo will be worked out with the selected artist to not disrupt the selected design.
- Artwork will be printed on 3M vinyl and will be professionally installed.
- Exhibition will be for a minimum of one year.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted until midnight on Friday, August 5th, 2016.