Los Angeles, CA
USC Kaufman 2019 New Movement Residency – Call for Southern California-based choreographers
The USC Glorya Kaufman School of Dance is now accepting applications for its 2019 New Movement Residency, which aims to support Southern California-based choreographers by providing space for them to explore, create and prepare dance work for future touring and presentations. Up to three artists will be selected to participate in the three-week residency, which will culminate in a works in progress showing at USC Kaufman’s performance studio on June 21, 2019.
- Applicants must consider choreography as their primary outlet.
- Applicants must be 21+ and not currently enrolled in a college or graduate program.
- Applicants must have proof of residence in Southern California.
- Applicants must exhibit some regional and/or national touring and performance history for at least the most recent two years.
- Applicants must demonstrate tourability of work to be created through funds raised specifically for work as well as confirmed presenter/venue interest or co-commissions.