Blue Line Arts
Blue Line Arts
A CALL TO ARTISTS
Life in Ink
Contemporary Tattoo Culture
Coker Family Gallery
Humans have decorated their bodies with tattoos for thousands of years. The meanings of these tattoos vary greatly across cultures-- displays of social rankings, punishment for criminals, expressions of spirituality, celebrating achievements in life and war, and simple statements of fashion. It is a form of expression that connects us across cultures, languages, and belief systems.
This exhibition is intended to showcase the infinite possibilities of tattoo art in all of its forms and styles. Express your individualism and creativity by translating body art to fine art. From flash sheets to fully-realized paintings, photographic documentation to three-dimensional representation, we want to see the unique ways in which you express your Life in Ink.
Exhibition Dates: March 27 - April 25, 2020
Deadline to Enter: February 14, 2020
Artist Notification: February 20, 2020
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: March 8, 2020
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: March 22 and March 23, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Opening Reception: April 18, 2020, 5-8 p.m.
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: April 26 & April 27, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Open to all artists 18 and older
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
- All artwork must be for sale
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from the image in the online submission will be disqualified
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions.
- Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales
- Members receive a 60% commission from all gallery sales
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and must include a prepaid label for return of artwork
- FedEx or UPS ONLY
- No USPS
- Please use blue painters tape to secure wrapping and artwork during shipping-- this ensures we will be able to reuse packing materials for return shipment
- Two-dimensional artwork must be ready to hang
- Wire must be installed
- No sawtooth hangers
Applicants must apply using the form on the Blue Line Arts website, www.bluelinearts.org/call-to-artists
You must be 18 years or older to apply.
If you have questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during gallery hours at (916) 783-4117 or at email@example.com