Los Angeles, CA
TaskForce seeks a Campaign Manager to spearhead a major public will campaign demanding that every student in California has access to a quality arts education. The Campaign manager will lead an integrated team of social media managers, community managers, strategists, designers and others.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience in new organizing and online advocacy. The candidate will have experience building and managing large email lists, managing social media properties and creating and updating content calendars. They will have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems and oversee multiple moving pieces in a fast-paced and creative client service environment.
Strategy & Problem Solving
- Oversee campaign timelines, goals, and KPIs, and adjust course as needed on certain tactics to ensure campaign efficacy, efficiency, and relevance
- Identify and implement campaigns that activate a statewide grassroots community
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news and reports that might impact the campaigns; interest in the intersection of progressive politics, the arts, and social justice are a plus
- Develop strategic campaigns that elevate important information, action opportunities, or other timely campaigns to the community through social, partner events, and other platforms
- Provide strategic guidance and support to Digital Manager for online and communications efforts
- Participates in all client meetings, and develops materials as needed
- Manage multiple projects within the campaign
- Adds value to client relationships through constructive dialogue and contribution
- Cognizant of the different layers of client stakeholders (e.g. collective impact), and able to navigate complex or competing priorities
- Prepare written reports, presentations, meeting summaries, and monitor work plans
- Collaborate with Community and Digital Managers on developing and executing strategies that increase community members and engagement
- Develop, design, and create ways to activate community members in advocacy and action opportunities, collaborating closely with key impact and regional partners
This role requires remarkable talent in a wide range of areas. The main skills you will display are:
- Strong strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Passion and commitment to public education, the power of the arts, and community empowerment
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines
- Strong collaboration skills, both with internal team members and external stakeholders
- Ability to anticipate challenges, especially with important stakeholder, and design creative solutions proactively
- 5-7 years of full time work experience
- Strategy background from an agency—digital, creative, and/or PR—or non-profit advocacy organization preferred
- CRM database experience desired; NationBuilder experience especially preferred
- Client-facing experience preferred, but not required
- High bar for quality, rigor and integrity
- Demonstrated track record and/or interest in social sector organizing and advocacy
- Passionate, sharp-minded, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit
- Bilingual fluency in a foreign language a plus
- Background in brand strategy and/or formal research & analysis background a plus
Location & Details
This position is part-time — approximately 30 hours a week — and based in Los Angeles out of the Taskforce office.
We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
TaskForce is an independent agency that builds capacity and community for the most influential nonprofits, brands and people taking on the most pressing challenges facing our state, our nation and our world. We understand the role that creative culture plays in shaping public opinion and policy and invest heavily in creating lasting relationships with the communities and partners we engage with. We work primarily at the intersection of Arts/Culture and Social Change and our work has resulted in some of the most highly acclaimed and influential public campaigns of our time.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com