Chamber Music Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
This part-time position provides marketing and administrative support for Chamber Music LA (www.chambermusic.la), a marketing collective consisting of six chamber music presenters operating under the fiscal sponsorship of the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. The group also includes Camerata Pacifica, the Colburn School, Jacaranda Music, Pittance Chamber Music, and Salastina.
Under the direction of the marketing chair of Chamber Music LA, the marketing coordinator will implement a marketing strategy designed to increase website traffic, grow the email list, and ultimately increase patron crossover between member organizations. This position also provides general administrative support for Chamber Music LA.
10-12 hours per week, remote work with flexible scheduling within standard working hours.
General Organizational Support
● Schedule monthly meetings and other group meetings as needed
● Prepare meeting agendas; gather topics from members and circulate in advance
● Record meeting action items and decisions; circulate meeting minutes
● Organize shared drive with copy and photos for monthly social/email sharing by members
● Coordinate with TRG Data Center to process member contracts and invoices and pull information as needed
● Track budget and expenses, report out to the group
● Process invoices on behalf of CMLA
● Ensure compliance by all members with group expectations, respond to inquiries from other organizations and represent CMLA as needed
● Other duties as assigned
● Draft web copy and maintain CMLA website, update regularly with event listings, member information, and other content needs
● Work with web developer as needed to add new functionality such as calendar, search options, etc.
● Monitor Google Analytics for CMLA website and report out to the group
● Create registration and ticketing pages as needed for CMLA festival events
Email and Social Media
● Draft email copy and manage email blasts to CMLA list
● Monitor email list growth and email performance (ex. open rate, bounce rate) and report out to the group
● Regularly update CMLA Facebook and Instagram accounts with social media content and monitor follower comments, respond as needed
● Monitor social media follower growth and performance (ex. likes, comments, engagement) and report out to group
● Work with designers and printers as needed to produce digital and print ads, brochures, and postcards
● Manage all CMLA advertising as needed including Facebook and Instagram ads, Google search ads, print, radio, and direct mail
● Submit CMLA Festival information to event listing calendars
● One to three years of experience in marketing.
● Previous experience working with designers and printers and managing online and print advertising preferred.
● Familiarity with common website and email platforms; understanding of email and social media best practices.
● Basic knowledge of music and the performing arts.
● Familiarity with membership models and the Southern California regional market preferred.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write for a variety of audiences and vehicles.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Collaborative and flexible team member with ability to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Submit resume, cover letter, and three references to [email protected] by 5/20/2022.