Japanese American Cultural & Community Center
Los Angeles, CA
Hours: Full-Time; Weekends may be required
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Exempt
Organization: Founded in 1971, Japanese American Cultural & Community Center is one of the largest ethnic arts and cultural centers of its kind in the United States. A hub for Japanese and Japanese American arts and culture and a community gathering place for the diverse voices it inspires – Japanese American Cultural & Community Center connects traditional and contemporary; community participants and creative professionals; Southern California and the world beyond. For over 30 years, JACCC has produced and sponsored a wide variety of festivals, events and performances. jaccc.org
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, the Chief Engineer is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and maintenance of the JACCC facilities including: the five-story Center Building, 880-seat Aratani Theatre, James Irvine Japanese Garden, the Japanese American National War Memorial Court and the Isamu Noguchi Plaza. The Chief Engineer supervises and coordinates all physical maintenance and repairs ensuring that the life of all assets is fully maximized.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily operation and maintenance of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and all other building systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on building systems and special projects as assigned.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, and recommend upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians as directed by the Vice President of Operations.
- Perform tenant improvements as necessary including but not limited to construction and electrical
- Work with Vice President of Operations in planning and controlling of annual and capital budgets
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and managing operations staff.
- Work collaboratively with JACCC programs staff to coordinate events and activities on the Plaza and other facilities of the Center.
- Attend and actively participate in JACCC Facilities Committee Meetings
- Undertake other responsibilities as requested by the Vice President of Operations
- 5+ years of experience in dealing with electrical, plumbing, HVAC preventative maintenance, mechanical, and building maintenance
- 3+ years management experience
- Knowledge of BOMA, Building & Safety, OSHA, LAFD, and Health Department Regulations
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Professional manner and strong customer orientation
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- High school diploma required; College degree preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and email
- Spanish speaker preferred
To Apply: Email resume to [email protected]. All applications received by December 28th will be guaranteed a review. No phone calls.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.