The Carpenter Performing Arts Center
Long Beach, CA
Classroom Connections is a three-part program partnering the Carpenter Center's touring artists with local elementary students, primarily from the Long Beach Unified School District.
What the job entails:
- Help to create lesson plans and study guides for each program
- Conduct 45-minute Introductory Workshops, introducing the artistic genre to students grades 1-5
- Accompany artists to each school to help facilitate Artist Workshops
- Attend and help facilitate the daytime Performance at the Carpenter Center
What we're looking for:
- Background check required
- Must have own, reliable transportation
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about the performing arts and be engaging to children ages 6-11
- Previous teaching experience OR previous experience in the performing arts preferred
$16/hour, non-exempt, approximately 25 hours per program. Two programs in the Fall 2018 semester, one program in the Spring 2019 semester.
Visit www.carpenterarts.org/Employment.html for more info.
Send resume and cover letter to Christina Ramos, Education and Outreach Coordinator at [email protected].