Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA), the leading auction house on the West Coast for modern and contemporary fine art and design, seeks a full-time Client Services Associate to join the Client Services Department.
The Client Services Associate will be the primary point of contact with all clients related to their auction participation. The role will also work with the Managing Director on aspects of business management. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and organized, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume working environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist clients with bidding registration and invoice settlement
- Maintain mailing lists and databases
- Perform financial reconciliation of accounts receivable
- Process auction catalogue orders and outgoing mailings
- Answer and route incoming phone calls and distribute messages
- Execute general office maintenance, such as, maintaining office supplies, managing vendors, and coordinating daily staff lunch
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum one year of experience in an administrative position
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor with the ability to handle high pressure situations
- Acute attention to detail
- Effective performance under accelerated deadlines and/or with last-minute assignments
- Excellent organizational and project implementation skills; adaptability to changing and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Must possess personal ownership and accountability for projects, goals, and outcomes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is necessary; knowledge of FileMaker Pro is an advantage
- Auction house or arts-related experience is preferred, but not required
Salary compensation is commensurate with experience.
Modern Auctions, Inc., is an equal employment opportunity corporation. After 30 days of employment, employees may elect to join a company sponsored health and dental plan. LAMA also offers a 401(k) Plan for the exclusive benefit of all eligible employees.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Carolina Ivey at [email protected] with subject line including “Client Services Associate Application”. Please no phone calls. Submission deadline is October 16.