Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) seeks a full-time Client Services & Operations Associate to join the auction house. The ideal candidate is highly organized with great attention to detail. LAMA is the leading auction house on the West Coast for modern and contemporary fine art and design, and candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity working environment.
The Client Services & Operations Associate will be the primary point of contact with all clients related to their auction participation. The role will also work with the Managing Director on aspects of business and operations management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist clients with bidding registration and invoice settlement
- Maintain mailing lists and databases
- Perform financial reconciliation of accounts receivable
- Process auction catalogue orders and outgoing mailings
- Answer and route incoming phone calls and distribute messages
- Execute general office maintenance, such as, maintaining office supplies, managing vendors, and coordinating daily staff lunch
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum one year of experience in an administrative position
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor with the ability to handle high pressure situations
- Acute attention to detail
- Effective performance under accelerated deadlines and/or with last-minute assignments
- Excellent organizational and project implementation skills; adaptability to changing and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Must possess personal ownership and accountability for projects, goals, and outcomes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is necessary; knowledge of FileMaker Pro is an advantage
- Auction house or arts-related experience is preferred, but not required
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Modern Auctions, Inc., is an equal employment opportunity corporation. After 30 days of employment, employees may elect to join a company sponsored health and dental plan. LAMA also offers a 401(k) Plan for the exclusive benefit of all eligible employees.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Carolina Ivey at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line reading “Client Services & Operations Associate Application”. Please no phone calls. Submission deadline is Monday, May 20.