The Wende Museum
Culver City, CA
About the Wende Museum
The Wende Museum was founded in 2002 to preserve the art, culture, and history of the Soviet Bloc countries, inspire a broad understanding of the period (1945–1991), and explore its enduring legacy. Housed for more than a decade in an office park, the Wende moved in November 2017 to an expansive new campus, the iconic former National Guard Armory
Building at 10808 Culver Boulevard in Culver City. The Wende’s collection encompasses more than 100,000 holdings, ranging from consumer products to fine art, political symbols, audiovisual materials, spy equipment, posters, ephemera, commemoratives, books, archives, and personal histories.
Named for the transformative period leading up to and following the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, the Wende promotes rigorous scholarship, educates students, and stimulates general interest through lectures, symposia and publications; illuminates the past and informs the present through creative collaborations with contemporary artists and designers; and challenges and engages the public through experimental exhibitions and interdisciplinary programming inspired by the collection. The museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
The Communications and Administrative Manager position offers critical support to advance the museum’s mission and growth.
• Supports general administrative needs, including office organization; mail, email, and phone support; calendaring; and visitation coordination.
• Supports the museum’s ongoing PR and marketing efforts by playing a lead role in social media; supporting publicity and earned-media activities; tracking and documenting media coverage of the museum; and assisting with design, distribution, and tracking of print and digital communications.
• Manages event RSVPs and supports logistics for programs and events.
• Manages Board documents and archives, including taking Board meeting minutes.
• Manages all postal and shipping activities.
Full-time staff position, Monday – Friday, 10 am – 6 pm, occasional evenings and weekends
$50,000, with medical/dental benefits
Position is available late April 2018
Questions: email Jessica Hoffmann at email@example.com
- Highly organized
- Able to multi-task a wide variety of activities, prioritizing conflicting needs
- Resourceful problem solver
- Proactive self-starter able to follow projects through to completion
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively independently and also as a positive team player
- Able to demonstrate emotional maturity and strong interpersonal skills
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1+ years managing an office and/or assisting a senior executive or team
- Non-profit experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience managing organization-wide email, calendars, and documents
- Familiar with project management applications
- Familiar with MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar
- Experience working in Altru, Raisers Edge, Salesforce, or other advanced CRM system
- Social media expertise and ability to stay abreast of developing technologies
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, and Illustrator, and/or other design applications
- Customer service experience
- Valid California Driver’s License and reliable automobile with insurance coverage for use on the job
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and brief cover letter to Jessica Hoffmann at firstname.lastname@example.org