David Kordansky Gallery
Los Angeles, CA
Monday - Friday
David Kordansky Gallery seeks a highly motivated, organized, hardworking, and team-oriented individual to fill the position of Communications Coordinator. This position is a full-time role, Monday through Friday, and requires flexibility for additional hours based on the needs of the gallery.
- Serve as the primary contact for press inquiries, liaising between the gallery’s PR firm, Directors, Artist Liaisons, and artists as needed
- Propose weekly mail-outs, social media posts, and other media outreach, working closely with the Director of Institutional and Media Relations on strategic scheduling
- Draft text for and format mail-out messages and social media posts
- Maintain and manage the quarterly gallery newsletters, gathering content from the Artist Liaisons and updating text and images
- Prepare digital and hard copy artist packets, including press and images, for distribution to press, collectors, institutions, etc.
- Work with the Director of Institutional and Media Relations to manage advertising budget and liaise with advertisers accordingly
- Copy edit texts intended for publication, including press releases, social media posts, mail-outs, and books/catalogues
- Maintain online profiles for the gallery on WeChat, Ocula, and fair websites
- Facilitate copyright and image permission requests
- Assist in execution of fair applications
- Bachelor of Arts degree with prior experience working in press or communications role at a gallery, museum, arts PR firm, or comparable arts organization preferred
- Experience communicating and working with artists/artists’ studios preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and ability to implement and manage multiple projects and timelines
- Ability to think strategically and creatively about the gallery’s communications program
- Knowledge of contemporary art and art history
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Instagram, and WeChat
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to creatively resolve problems
- Proficiency in Mac computers and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using an inventory database program such as ArtBase preferred
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions without the above items will not be considered. No phone or walk-in inquiries please.