Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Advancement, the Advancement Communications Coordinator works with all members of the advancement department, and in close partnership with the communications team, to develop and execute all marketing pieces and communications collateral for the advancement department. The department liaison for advancement communications, they will ensure high-quality advancement operations for communication-related activities, including annual fund campaigns, membership appeals, event communications, stewardship reports, and special projects. Through developing creative marketing campaigns and community-building content (activities, events, and communications), they will play a vital role in enhancing donor engagement in support of all fundraising activities at the Colburn School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates advancement communications and marketing content, including writing, building multimedia content, trustees and donor newsletters, collecting donor and impact stories, and producing proposals and stewardship reports so that donors are engaged and excited about their support and understand its impact;
- Works with VP and AVP and gifts officers of Advancement to develop advancement communications strategies to enhance donor understanding of Colburn educational activities and donor engagement at Colburn Society events, Gala, house concerts, virtual events, master classes, recitals and other key events that attract and retain new and existing donors;
- Manages the advancement communications calendar by working with the communications team to coordinate advancement communications within the school-wide communications calendar;
- Serves as primary liaison with the communications team and collaborate with the communications department to uphold the school brand in advancement communications and marketing collateral, and align advancement communications with school-wide communications strategies;
- Tracks digital marketing effectiveness to enhance strategic bulk-communication through segmentation and targeted messaging to all donors;
- Serves as advancement department's primary user for Colburn's digital marketing platforms and software, including Wordfly and InDesign;
- Assists advancement team and senior leadership with donor research activities to align donors' interests with advancement communications;
- Responsible for project management of group donor communications including: timelines, staff assignments and tracking, drafting communications, copy-editing, website updates, email communications layout and testing, data entry, and donor support services, including event support;
- Creates and manages project work flow to ensure timely, accurate, and inclusive information flow within the advancement team, towards increasing efficiencies;
- Provides special event support, including for the annual Celebrate Colburn gala, and various other evening and weekend events on a regular basis; this will include communications for those events, and also virtual and on-site event staffing;
- Maintains and develops best practices and ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach; establishes credibility and collaborative relationships with senior leadership, Board members, donors, volunteers, and colleagues from all academic units and other departments;
- Supports the advancement team's responsibility for accomplishment of the School's contributed revenue goals each year;
- Responsible for having a current, thorough, and comprehensive understanding of the Colburn School's mission, areas of excellence, student and faculty profiles, services, programs, and goals, to serve as a reference for advancement department colleagues;
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Three years of experience in communications, creative writing, marketing, or fundraising.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency with digital marketing email platforms, such as Wordfly or Mailchimp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong copywriting and copyediting skills.
- Detail-oriented and diligent in managing projects from start to finish.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple stakeholders and operate tactfully and strategically.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
PC proficiency, demonstrated experience working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Apply here by 2/11/22.