Los Angeles, CA
Skirball Cultural Center
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a part-time intern for the winter/spring academic term. Working closely with members of the Communications and Marketing department, the intern will have the opportunity to help work on marketing plans for upcoming exhibitions, public programs, educational initiatives, and the Skirball as a venue for private events, meetings, and conferences. In particular, the intern will help to implement plans for the Skirball’s major spring exhibition, Chasing Dreams: Baseball and Becoming American.
This part-time internship runs approximately February through May, 2016. Ideally 1–2 days, or 8–16 hours, per week, but can be flexible. $10 per hour. No benefits.
- Execute grassroots outreach to schools, cultural institutions, community organizations, online communities, retail businesses, and other local and national audiences in order to stimulate attendance and diversify audiences at Skirball programs and exhibitions.
- Help track social-networking sites, contributing when needed.
- Assist with e-mail list maintenance and deployment.
- Contribute to market research projects—including conducting in-person interviews, tabulating survey responses, and tracking results.
- Proof and fact-check Skirball publications, such as bimonthly calendars, direct mail postcards, and informational brochures.
- Research, maintain, and update press clippings and press and community outreach lists.
- May be from any area of undergraduate or graduate study.
- Must be able to get him/herself to the Skirball for work.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-sensory, stimulating work environment.
- Ability to problem-solve independently and collaborate with others.
Please send resume and cover letter, preferably by e-mail, to the address below. Your cover letter should describe your talents and skills, explain how the internship experience might impact your long-range academic and career goals, and discuss why you feel you are the best candidate. Please also include availability from the beginning of February to the end of May. Finalists will be asked to provide references.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15, 2016