The Communications & Outreach Intern collaborates with the leadership team to provide administrative and logistical support for Levitt LA during the summer concert season in MacArthur Park. The Intern will play a key role in strengthening Levitt LA’s public presence and establishing relationships to support community engagement, promoting talent, audience development, and organizational sustainability. Attendance is required at all summer concerts which are scheduled for Friday/Saturday evenings, and Sunday late afternoons (June 18- September 4). Administrative/office days will be Wednesdays/Thursdays. There will be an opportunity to work approximately 30-40 hours a week with up to 100 hours being offered remotely. There is an opportunity to create a flexible work schedule after the concert season.
Must currently be enrolled as an undergraduate at a community college/university
• Takes initiative and self-motivated within a team environment
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail, with ability to multi-task and stay focused
• Passion for Levitt LA’s mission of making live music accessible to all
• Bilingual in English, Spanish, and/or Korean preferred
• Have the ability to run the occasional errand, pick up computer equipment at office, etc, either with personal vehicle or public transportation
• Social media management and video editing skills a plus
We would follow this general schedule and there is some flexibility:
Wed- admin/outreach day 10am-6pm
Thursday- admin/outreach day 10am-6pm
Friday- admin/concert 3pm-11pm (onsite at MacArthur Park)
Saturday- admin/concert 3pm-11pm (onsite at MacArthur Park)
Sunday- admin/concert 3pm-11pm (onsite at MacArthur Park)
Levitt LA seeks someone who can commit to 30-40 hours a week, June 1- Sept 15 during the concerts and can be onsite for all 30 performances. 8 hours days with breaks. We have the 4th of July weekend off and the 1st weekend of August. Up to 400 hours at $16.04/hour + mileage reimbursements if you use your own car. We do not have an office and we are all currently working from home. We do meet up for in person meetings sometimes and I would ask for your support in attending events on our behalf or conducting outreach in the community.