City of Yucaipa
SALARY: $24.22 - $30.24 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Community Services
DIVISION: Performing Arts Center
OPENING DATE: 01/24/19
CLOSING DATE: 02/11/19 04:00 PM
Under the direct supervision of the Community Services Manager, the Coordinator is responsible for the development, planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation of a wide range of community programs and services. This position will supervise, select and train part-time staff, contract instructors and volunteers. They will be responsible for the planning of special events, marketing, recreational class programming, Yucaipa Performing Arts Center operations and planning and performs a variety of multifaceted tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible schedule, including weekend assignments, will work during City special events and will report to different locations depending upon job assignments. Possession of a valid California driver's license is required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Organize, coordinate and attend special events; seek sponsors; identify vendors, negotiate cost and prepare contracts; develop and disseminate marketing materials.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for the development and implementation of recreation, leisure, theatrical performances, educational programs; implement policies and procedures.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, and review the work of part-time staff and volunteers involved in the implementation of recreation, leisure and educational opportunities including, but not limited to, aquatics, cultural arts, athletics, and special events.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and control expenditures.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Yucaipa Performing Arts Center.
- Identify instructors for courses offered; prepare and monitor contracts with instructors and ensure proper payment to instructors.
- Seek, apply for and administer grants and ensure all grant activities are properly documented and submitted.
- Collaborates with, provides advisory support for and acts as liaison to other departments, citizen committees, community agencies and organizations to facilitate recreation program development and enhance recreational services.
- Oversee and participate in the development of outreach and marketing materials for services and programs.
- Contact and coordinate with community agencies to seek services and resources for clients.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, other agencies and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of developing and implementing a variety of recreation, leisure, cultural arts, and educational programs.
- Techniques for working with various socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds and people of different generations
- Pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances and rules.
- Principles and practices of marketing and outreach.
- Principles and practices of effective customer service.
- Modern office equipment including applicable computer applications
- Develop and implement recreation, leisure and educational programs to meet the needs of the community.
- Build relationships with outside agencies and community organizations to better meet the needs of clients.
- Prepare a variety of technical and administrative reports.
- Effectively supervise program, including volunteers, part-time and seasonal staff.
- Serve as an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Operate and use modern office equipment including a computer and applicable software.
- Follow workplace safety procedures and policies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and solve problems relative to operational and technical policy and procedures.
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 20 pounds or less
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
Do you like this post?