City of Simi Valley
Simi Valley, CA
Please apply at: https://www.calopps.org/simi-valley/job-19834058
Salary: $82,740-$106,238 annually, plus excellent benefits.
Under general direction, supervises and coordinates the activities and operations of a Cultural Arts Center, including supervising the Center’s programs, staff, volunteers and facilities; coordinates assigned activities with other divisions, outside agencies, and the general public; promotes available services; designs, implements and evaluates program goals and objectives; and provides highly responsible and complex staff assistance to a Deputy Community Services Director.
The Cultural Arts Center is open Tuesday through Sunday. Hours vary from 10:00 a.m. to midnight. Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Principles and procedures of theater management.
- Practices and procedures of arts management.
- Operational services and activities of an arts program.
- Marketing theories, principles and practices.
- Financial planning and tracking.
- Organizational development models and trends related to arts management.
- Principles pertaining to the performing and visual arts.
- Budget preparation experience.
- Four years of arts management experience, including one year of administrative and supervisory responsibility.
- Experience making presentations to Councils, Commissions, and Boards.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in community services, business administration, or a related field.
Experience: Four years of increasingly responsible experience coordinating community services programs including one year of administrative and/or lead supervisory experience.
- Retirement: CalPERS 2% @ 55 or 2% @ 62 defined retirement plan. Employees currently pay a 7% contribution.
- Medical: $136/mo, plus up to $2,040.18/mo in “Simiflex Dollars” (cash to offset the cost of health or other optional benefits).
- Dental: A PPO and HMO plan are available. Employee cost ranges from $0 to $52 per month.
- Vision: A plan is available for a cost of $2.66 per month.
- Life Insurance: $101,000 for employees and $5,000 for each dependent is provided at no cost.
- Disability Insurance: Paid by the City.
- Retirement Health Savings Plan: $200 per month.
- Deferred Compensation: 401(k) plan; the City will match employee contribution up to $185.83 per month.
- Annual Leave (Vacation & Sick Leave): 227.5 hours/year - first five years; 267.54 after five years; & 279.5 after ten years.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays per year (paid at eight hours each), as well as an 8-hour floating holiday.
- Alternative Work Schedule: Many City positions work a 9/80 schedule with alternative Monday or Friday off.
Optional benefits and tuition reimbursement are also available.
Application and Recruitment Process:
This recruitment is open until filled and may close at any time. The first review of applications will occur on April 19, 2019, or when 75 applications are received, whichever occurs first. Apply online at https://www.calopps.org/simi-valley/job-19834058.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the City’s Application form. Employment applications and supplemental questionnaires must be complete, contain a minimum of ten years of experience (appropriately), and list gaps of employment.
Selection Process: Candidates who possess the best combination of qualifications will be invited to interview; an interview is not guaranteed.
Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must submit form DD214.
Reasonable Accommodation: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance in the selection process, please notify the Human Resources Division, in writing.
City of Simi Valley Human Resources
2929 Tapo Canyon Road
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Questions? Contact Human Resources via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 583-6743.
The provisions on this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract, and any provision contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked at any time.