Los Angeles Master Chorale
Los Angeles, CA
Title: Company Manager
Reports to: Director of Artistic Production with dotted line to the Production Manager
Status: Part-time / Independent Contractor
Summary of Duties: The Los Angeles Master Chorale, a professional chorus and resident company of The Music Center of Los Angeles, seeks a motivated individual to serve as its Company Manager for the national and international staged productions of Lagrime di San Pietro (The Tears of St. Peter). The primary duties of the Company Manager are to conduct research and coordination of company travel and accommodation for a company of 21 artists and 5 artistic and production staff for current and future tours, liaising with our travel company, booking agency and individual venues to collect and provide all needed company travel information. The Company Manager will accompany all legs of the tour, managing company personnel to ensure problem-free travel and production days.
The Company Manager will be joining a collaborative team of colleagues and will be a key participant in the Lagrime di San Pietro Tour Production Team. The Company Manager should be an exceptionally organized self-starter who works well independently and communicates effectively with colleagues. This position requires an exceptionally high degree of tact, accuracy, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with professional touring productions. This person should be adept at anticipating the needs of professional artists and staff working on a tight travel schedule and will have experience working within the parameters of union collective bargaining agreements. While the position is part-time, the Company Manager will need to be able to anticipate and respond to timely communications and deadlines within a reasonable timeframe.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Functions:
Company Travel Planning:
- Coordinate with Director of Artistic Production, Production Manager, and presenters to develop travel itineraries for each tour
- Compile and maintain travel files to include each company member’s necessary documents such as passport, visa status (where applicable), flight preferences and frequent flyer details
- Coordinate with Director of Artistic Production, Production Manager, and presenters to research and secure any necessary international travel visas or work documents for the company
- Compile and maintain rooming lists for each hotel location
- Work with individual venues to supply all personnel information relating to flights, accommodation and work permits
- Work with travel company and venues, when applicable, to identify and select appropriate flights and ground transportation for company members within the terms and parameters of union and venue contracts
- Prepare tour books for Company Members that includes detailed touring schedule, contact info, available dining, transportation, and services for each tour city.
While on tour:
- Overall responsibility for company members being in the right place at the right time
- Primary contact for travel, accommodation and ground transportation arrangements
- Assist with distributing and collecting costume pieces from singers
- May be called upon to provide general production assistance, as needed (as long as not in conflict with primary functions of position)
- Primary contact for presenter box office and manage company house seat inventory
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or demonstration of equivalent professional production experience working for a professional performing arts organization
- Confidentiality, discretion and professionalism in dealing with artist relations and communications
- Prior experience working with union contracts
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Critical thinking and organizational skills, especially project planning and meeting deadlines
- Comfortable with speaking in front of a large group
- Will need personal work station at home, position is not based on-site
- Willingness to undertake frequent travel and a work schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays; must be available for all tour periods and able to travel internationally
- May be required to attend occasional production meetings at LA Master Chorale offices
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
Position Status: Part time, independent contractor working remotely with occasional in-office meetings.
Position Compensation: hourly rate for pre-tour prep work, weekly rate and travel per diem while on tour. Reimbursement of approved expenses.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials at http://www.lamasterchorale.org/auditions-jobs.php
The Los Angeles Master Chorale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Los Angeles Master Chorale complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.