CALL FOR ARTISTS: CONTEMPORARY VENICE 2021
ITSLIQUID International Art Fair | September 30 – October 21, 2021
Deadline: September 05, 2021
ITSLIQUID Group, in collaboration with Venice Events, is pleased to announce the open call for CONTEMPORARY VENICE 2021 – ITSLIQUID International Art Fair, international exhibition of photography, painting, video art, installation/sculpture and performance art, that will be held in Venice, at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space, from September 30 to October 21, 2021, and in other prestigious venues and historical buildings.
COVID-19 Protection Concept – The health and safety of our staff and visitors are of predominant importance to ITSLIQUID Group. This Protection Concept governs how we intend to operate after Italy’s lockdown has ended, the rules that will be applied inside the exhibition spaces and how these will be implemented in practice.
This is the eighth edition of CONTEMPORARY VENICE 2021 – ITSLIQUID International Art Fair, the previous ones have been organized in prestigious venues and historical buildings in Venice, like Palazzo Dolfin Bollani, Palazzo Flangini, Palazzo Ca’ Zanardi and at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space, presenting more than 600 selected artists, coming from more than 40 countries from all over the world.
The participation includes the following services:
– exhibition space dedicated to the artist’s works
– assisting with customs formalities, international shipping and local transport
– assisting in finding accommodation for artist
– the design and the printing of invitation cards, posters
– the global and local press office, publicity, press, banners, totem, etc.
– the realization of the exhibition website and dedicated press releases
– mounting and dismounting of the exhibition
– exhibitions opening event with drinks and food
– a one day dedicated presentation, talk or workshop focusing on the artist’s career
– a dedicated interview published on ITSLIQUID website and spread on our social networks
– providing services and drinks for small meetings at the exhibition places for invited guests
To take part in the selection, send your works’ submissions with a CV/biography, some still images (for video-art), links of videos/performances and pictures via e-mail to [email protected]
The eighth edition of CONTEMPORARY VENICE analyzes the relationship between body and space, and the hybridization between identities and cultural/physical/social/urban settings in contemporary time, through two main sections: MIXING IDENTITIES and FUTURE LANDSCAPES.
MIXING IDENTITIES analyzes the hidden parts of our identities, through an immersive experience inside the fascinating universe of the complex labyrinths of our consciousness. The human body is a changing system that connects us with other bodies and spaces to perceive the surrounding reality; a strong communication system with its own language and infinite ways of expression.
FUTURE LANDSCAPES are abstract, infinite and conceptual, associated with a sense of freedom and infinite extension. Primarily experienced with the mind, spaces redefining their limits and borders, transforming surfaces in open flow of pure ideas. This section focuses on the concept of the borders and the structures between body, mind and soul, the human identity and the city, the space and the ground.
Deadline for application is September 05, 2021 (11.59 PM of your local time)