Los Angeles Ballet
Los Angeles, CA
LOS ANGELES BALLET
Los Angeles Ballet is seeking an individual with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a controller, preferably for nonprofit arts institutions.
The Controller is responsible for the LAB’s day-to-day financial tasks. She or he will report to the Administrative Director, and will work closely with the Administrative Director, Technical Director, and the Finance Committee of the Los Angeles Ballet Board of Directors. The Controller will generate the annual budget, and will supervise the annual financial audit and 990 Tax Return.
Additionally, the Controller will execute the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for LAB staff and artist payroll; 941’s; EDD reporting
- Daily monitor the LAB bank accounts, manage cashflow and supervise Accounts Payable; authorize vendor payments and work with the Administrative Director on vendor agreements;
make bank deposits;
- Supervise and assist with the 990 tax return, annual audit, workers compensation audit, all financial reconciliations, journal entries, and reporting; QuickBooks data entry; prepare analysis in Excel;
- Support the Administrative Director in ensuring that the Development and Marketing (ticket sales) departments are meeting financial goals and objectives, and that the Production department is successfully adhering to its budget;
IDEAL EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; 5 years of experience, preferably with a sizable, exemplary performing arts institution;
- a superior working knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$60 to 70K annually, contingent upon experience; health benefits
This position is located in Los Angeles, CA.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the successful candidate has been selected.
To apply for this position, email: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Find out more by visiting our website: losangelesballet.org
LAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.