The Colburn School
Los Angeles, CA
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, The Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts, the Colburn Music Academy and the Colburn Dance Academy. The Community Engagement office serves all four units with various programmatic initiatives.
The Colburn School's mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
The Coordinator supports a wide spectrum of activities in the Community Engagement and Career Development Department and is responsible for administrative duties relating to management of the Colburn Sequential Learning programs. The Coordinator will serve as the main line of communication with families involved in the programs, and help manage external community engagement activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day office activity including phone calls from parents and students, scheduling of the community engagement programs, scheduling meetings, and facilitating the registration process for pipeline programs.
- Organize and schedule pipeline programs.
- Communicate with the various divisions of the Colburn School (Dean’s offices of the Conservatory, Academy, Dance and CSPA); the Finance office; marketing and communications to make certain the community engagement office has a good line of communication with the rest of the institution.
- Implement systems for Community Engagement and Career Development including: Equipment orders, bus requests, student enrollment, program attendance, and matriculation from Community Engagement programs into the Community School
- Schedule Colburn Conservatory students for community performances.
- Coordinate with supporting departments to ensure timely and accurate logistics for all activities as related to the community engagement programs, including rehearsals, performances, and meetings.
- Manage and execute the Colburn community engagement bus schedule, including the Colburn bus and the hiring of busses for school visits in the fall and spring.
- Provide administrative support to the Community Engagement Center.
- Will be cross-trained in the registration process in the community school and act as primary liaison between Community Engagement and the Community School.
- A bachelor’s degree in Music, Arts Management, Humanities is required. Combined experience/education may be substituted for minimum education.
- Some prior administrative experience supporting a fast-paced environment and/or event logistics desirable. Desire to manage office functions and bring creative thinking to an entrepreneurial environment within an academic setting is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work with very diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work a very flexible schedule including some weekends.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Spoken Spanish is required.
Excellent salary and great benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: