Los Angeles, CA
The Coordinator of Community Programs will serve vital roles as an administrator for the campus’s community-centered academic projects, and as liaison between students, faculty, and local arts, heritage, and community organizations. The Coordinator will work closely with the Directors of Oxy Arts, The Institute for the Study of Los Angeles (ISLA), and the Center for Community Based Learning (CCBL) to integrate the surrounding community into the work of the Oxy Arts Center on York Blvd and Occidental College. Oxy Arts, ISLA and CCBL are committed to building a community culture that celebrates diversity and individuality, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. This position is grant-funded through late summer 2021.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Collaborate with the Directors of the ISLA, CCBL and Oxy Arts to facilitate partnerships with off-campus community partners. Build new relationships, and nurture continuing ones, related to the Arts and the History of Los Angeles.
- Collaborate with CCBL Director on the administration of Education-in-Action student staff and Education-in-Action training and programming related to the Arts and the History of Los Angeles.
- Serve as a representative of Occidental College, Oxy Arts, ISLA, CCBL to external constituents and community partners through regular and sustained communication.
- Coordinate all recruiting and administration related to use of the Oxy Arts space for Community Partners and local youth arts programming.
- Assist with data collection, report writing, and communication to the campus and community partners in collaboration with the Directors of ISLA, CCBL and Oxy Arts.
- A Bachelor of Arts degree and two years’ experience with community engaged programming and/or academic/community partnerships; past experience with arts and cultural heritage organizations a plus.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and research skills; Proficiency in Spanish, and experience with grant-writing, a plus.
- Professional demeanor, a proactive approach to collaboration and outreach, and an ability to actively engage diverse constituencies on and off campus.
- A commitment to the equity, diversity and inclusion practices essential to the mission of Occidental College.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to [email protected].
Satisfactory completion of a background check is required as a condition of employment, but only as permitted by federal, state, and local law, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.