The Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts
Job no: 519828
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the direction of The Soraya’s Director of Marketing and Engagement, the Creative Content Manager leads The Soraya’s Marketing Department’s project management, ensuring the strategy dictated by the Director is effectively implemented from creative design through procurement and final deliverables. The incumbent oversees a team of freelancers, independent contractors, and pooled staff to complete creative projects, including graphic designers, videographers, photographers, and more.
• Is responsible for executing print media and direct mail strategies, again from design through procurement and final deliverables.
• Provides oversight and work direction to Digital Content Specialist and Video & Digital Media Specialist in order to oversee The Soraya’ digital presence in addition to The Soraya’s asset management systems.
• Attends The Soraya’s presented performances in order to oversee content capture either by themselves or freelance creative service providers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3MMGYdH
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college with a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, market research, or in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Equivalent to four (4) years of full-time professional or technical experience in public affairs, media relations, marketing and/or market research at a supervisory level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability in developing innovative marketing strategies to promote a product or service; proven ability to develop marketing plans for target population, implement direct mail programs, advertising, promotional materials, web and database marketing; and ability to create workable and efficient strategies for tracking and analyzing marketing and promotional efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to: use on-line data resources to assess a potential market and develop a marketing plan; design, execute, and evaluate comprehensive marketing research programs using primarily Internet resources. Proven ability to work with macro environmental factor – demographics, economics, politics, and technology. Demonstrated ability to interpret competitive analysis data-demographics, psychographics, and behavior analysis and proven ability to create data based segmented marketing projects.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize market research data for the purpose of identifying markets. Demonstrated ability to: define and organize a project; create documents and written communications; write marketing and advertising copy; demonstrated competence in managing a project team; and ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with a variety of constituencies.
• Proven ability to use software for spreadsheet and database analysis; and ability to work in a team environment and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Possession of internet research skills; English oral and written communication skills; sound judgment skills; computer skills; interpersonal skills; and cross functional team leading skills.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 0800 / Pub Affairs/Comm Spec / 3
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4391 - $6250, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4391 - $7945 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
• Applications received through November 1, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Oct 19, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight TimeApplications close: Open until filled
To apply: https://apptrkr.com/3567345