Los Angeles Master Chorale
Los Angeles, CA
Title: Creative Manager
Status: Full Time / Regular / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Salary: DOE + Benefits
The Los Angeles Master Chorale seeks a full-time creative manager who will oversee the creation of all design work used to promote concerts and events and build general awareness of the organization. The successful candidate will design print and digital materials for direct mail, email, and advertising campaigns, and will create content for social media. The creative manager will negotiate and schedule printing and fabrication of materials. While the priority will be marketing events, the creative manager will produce work for other departments. This is a full-time position which requires both on-site and off-site duties, as well as some evening and weekend hours.
- Oversees design of all marketing and institutional materials, both print and digital, to ensure consistency of look and message, in collaboration with chief marketing officer.
- Designs all print and digital materials, including brochures, postcards, and ads; banners for website; and social media content to promote events and develop brand awareness.
- Designs fundraising and special-events materials, including brochures, invitations, and specialty stationery.
- Design education-program materials, including brochures, concert programs, and posters.
- Produces videos and animated content for website and social media that engages audiences and communicates mission.
- Negotiates budgets and schedules with third-party printers and vendors to ensure timely delivery of print materials, photos, and other pieces of content.
- Maintains a production schedule and works across departments to ensure that design projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Assists in maintaining social media channels with other marketing teammates.
- Previous design experience, preferably in performing arts marketing
- Exceptional ability and creativity using Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography and video skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects to meet deadlines and budgets
- Knowledge of the changing media landscape—particularly in the online space—and how to adapt to reach new and existing audiences.
- Appreciation for how nonprofit organizations raise revenue through earned and contributed means.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for music and choral music in particular.
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and excellent benefits will be provided.
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials to [email protected].
The Los Angeles Master Chorale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Los Angeles Master Chorale complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.