The City of Culver City
Culver City, CA
Calling all artists who live or work in Culver City!
The City of Culver City will select an individual artist who lives or works in Culver City to serve as a cultural ambassador who will raise community consciousness to a greater appreciation of the arts within Culver City.
Artist Laureate expectations
- Attend community and arts events
- Exhibit/Perform/Engage with the public
- Liaise/Partner with
- Culver City Unified School District
- Culver City community, non-profit, and cultural institutions
- Culver City business community
The Artist Laureate Award will provide access, recognition, and a stipend of $8,000 in support of the artist. The award will recognize artistic excellence, support the continuing development of the artist’s work, and spotlight the important role individual artists play in contributing to a vibrant community, enriching the city’s creative economy, and positively impacting the quality of life for people of all ages.
Two-year appointment January 2020 – December 2021
- Fine and Visual Arts: including 2-Dimensional, 3-Dimensional, and Digital Art
- Performing Arts: including Dance, Theatre, Spoken Word, and Music
- Literary Arts: including Poetry, Novels, Essays, Stage Plays, and Screenplays
Important Dates (subject to change)
- October 14, 2019, 5:00 PM Online applications due to the City - EXTENDED
- November 18-22, 2019 Applicant Interviews with Review Panel
- January 15, 2020 Official Announcement
Visit the of Culver City Artist Laureate Program webpage for more information & to apply
Or contact Alicia Ide, Artist Laureate Program Coordinator at [email protected] or 310-253-6005