The LAMusArt Summer Camp Dance Teaching Artist position will serve as the principal dance instructor and choreographer for LAMusArt’s summer program responsible for introducing students to varying concepts in dance, rhythm and technique while simultaneously teaching all the dances for youth between ages 7-11 and 12-15.
• Develop, coordinate, and execute curriculum in dance that introduces students ages 7 to 15 to technique, repertoire, movement and choreography
• Supervise student participants during class times, rehearsals, and breaks
• Choreograph and teach fundamentals of dance in ballet, jazz, cultural dance, and/or hip-hop.
• Provide backstage support and supervision for the actual culminating performance.
• Plan, develop, and execute a culminating student showcase or presentation for each weekly program
• Other duties as assigned
Email resume and cover letter to Executive Director Manuel Prieto at [email protected]. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.