Location: Various Schools throughout Los Angeles County, in-person instruction
Length of Assignment: 10-15 weeks residencies depending on school site needs
Schedule: General after-school hours (2:30 – 5:30pm)
Designation: Part-time; Non-exempt
Instructional Rate: $47.70/hr.
Supplemental Rate: $25.00/hr. Supplemental hours include meetings, prep, etc.
P.S. ARTS Teaching Artists are equal parts professional artist and professional educator. Teaching Artists are responsible for delivering high-quality, authentic and engaging curriculum, that is inclusive, creative and aspirational. This position provides artists the opportunity to utilize their expertise and/or develop skills in areas including in-person instruction, live and pre-recorded online instruction, Arts integration, and delivery of community programs. As we move into a new era of education, we look to artists that will take on the opportunity and challenge of designing new ways to deliver arts education.
P.S. ARTS serves schools and communities as a partner and ally. Knowing that each community will have different needs, P.S. ARTS strives to deliver programming that embodies our values of Art, Excellence, Equity, Innovation and Community.
Teaching Artists primary responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and/or facilitate sequential standards-based, differentiated curricula in the arts;
- Prep, set-up, and clean-up of lessons, classrooms or carts;
- Submitting curriculum and lesson plans using P.S. ARTS’ online mapping program;
- Submitting student evaluation rubrics and providing documentation of student work.
- Maintain a supply budget(s);
- Represent P.S.ARTS among community stakeholders, classroom teachers, parents, etc.;
- Attendance and participation at professional development trainings and workshops;
- Respond to emails and other communication in a timely manner.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience of in-school (K-8th), after-school or community-based teaching.
- Demonstrated experience in classroom management and facilitation.
- Expertise in teaching Dance and movement
- Knowledge or familiarity with California’s Framework for VAPA.
- Experience teaching in Title I designated schools and surrounding communities preferred. - - Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Teaching Artists are required to maintain a safe and clean classroom environment – physical or virtual, that promotes learning, creativity, and equity.
Teaching Artists will routinely:
- Work/teach outdoors
- Lift, push, pull or carry supplies, equipment, or classroom furniture up-to 40lbs.
- Bend, twist, reach, stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- View LCD screens for long periods of time.
- Potential work with video equipment and a comfort with recording and/or being recorded.
- Completion and clearance of a Background Check, Live Scan, and a TB test.
- COVID-19 vaccination and submission of documented proof. Occasional COVID-19 testing
may be required per partner school district(s) policy and/or P.S. ARTS policy.
ABOUT P.S. ARTS:
The P.S. ARTS team is a diverse group of people with different skillsets and experiences, from various cultures and backgrounds with one thing in common – a dedication to arts education. P.S. ARTS encourages all employees to feel empowered by and model the Organization’s values of Art, Community, Equity, Innovation and Excellence.