Young Musicians Foundation
Los Angeles, CA
This full-time, managerial position reports directly to the executive director and is responsible for managing, implementing, and tracking all aspects of the YMF’s communications and development activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in writing promotional and editorial copy.*
- Experience in corresponding with a wide variety of audiences.
- Possess current understanding of, and familiarity with current music education, arts education, social justice/EDAI concepts, language, and terminology.
- Familiarity with the print production process.*
- Able to create and post effective, targeted media social media content to a variety of platforms.
- Understanding of market segmentation and strategic channel utilization.*
- Graphic design
- Video editing
- Facility with WordPress
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Under direction of the executive director, program director and contract development team, create editorial outline for bi-annual print newsletter.
- Create and maintain production schedule for print newsletter, assign articles, oversee editing and review process, liaise and interface with designers and printers for production.
- Under direction of the Executive Director, create and maintain editorial calendar for monthly e-newsletter.
- Write and design monthly e-newsletter.
- Distribute e-news to targeted/segmented online audiences.*
- Publish e-news on YMF.org website
- Track, record and analyze e-news engagement analytics.*
- As directed, target online messaging to strategically determined audience segments.*
- Work with contract social media consultant to create relevant and strategic social media messaging and campaigns.
- Track, compile, and analyze social media engagement.*
- Update and maintain News pages on YMF.org website.
- Ensure YMF.org website content is up to date and accurate.
- Track, maintain and analyze YMF.org website engagement data.*
- Update and maintain media repository.
- Liaise with all communications-related vendors, including designers, printers, consultants, overseeing the production process, ensuring projects are completed accurately, on time, and within budget.*
- As directed, work with PR consultants in the creation and distribution of media releases, provide supporting materials as needed, schedule interviews, oversee media clearances, coordinate media site-visits, and otherwise support all media-related events.
- Update and maintain donor database (CRM).*
- Create donor reports as requested.*
Maintain engagement with organization Advisory Councils, volunteers, and other team members as directed, including:
- Create and implement meeting schedules.
- Create and supply supporting documents and other materials as directed.
- Attend all meetings and take notes.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings, take notes for minutes.
- Prepare reports and other materials for Board meetings as directed.
- Write, send, and record donor acknowledgement letters.
- With executive director and development contractor, create and implement donor engagement strategies.
- With a contract grant writer, create and maintain grants calendar.
- Assist with writing and editing grant LOI’s, proposals, and reports.*
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of all donor-related events.
We highly value a diverse team and an equitable work environment where every member of our team is set up to thrive. We have taken steps to nurture this environment including an Equity, Diversity, Access, and Inclusion Committee that leads work to transform injustice within the organization. We expect all team members to take responsibility for co-creating an equitable work community where everyone is able to do impactful, world-changing work. We review our policies and practices for equity frequently.
We encourage you to apply if this job sounds like a good fit for you and vice versa, even if you don’t feel as if you meet all the qualifications/requirements. Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, people of color, parents, are/have been system impacted, have different abilities, are immigrants and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and gender-based violence is encouraged to apply. We also encourage you to apply if this job sounds like a good fit for you and vice versa, even if you don’t feel as if you meet all the qualifications/requirements.”
Salary & Benefits: Salary range $40,000 – $44,500 depending on experience. Full health, vision, and dental coverage. Two weeks paid vacation plus paid time off between December 24th and January 2nd for winter holidays. Opportunities for paid professional development.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Development and Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 13th, 2021